Ares Games

Thread: Classroom Dogfights

Sabrejimmy

Default Classroom Dogfights

Hello All,

It looks like I'll be teaching two World War II elective classes this semester. So far I have 24 students registered! Anyways, I just made a big order from Miniature Market-

2x Wings of Glory WWII - Battle of Britain Starter Sets
    2x Wings of Glory: WWII - Supermarine Spitfire MK.I (610 Squadron)
    2x Wings of Glory: WWII - Hawker Hurricane MK.1 (303 Polish Squadron)
    2x Wings of Glory: WWII - Messerschmitt Bf.109 K-4 (9./JG3)
    1x Wings of Glory: WWII - Messerschmitt Bf.109 K-4 (1./JG77)
    1x Wings of Glory: WWII - Messerschmitt Bf. 109 E-3 (Jagdeschwader 2)

I'm using my own funds for this, so hopefully it's a good investment. I'll keep you updated as classes begin. Let me know if you have experience using Wings of Glory in the classroom!

I'm sure Wings will be a big hit.

Those 109 Ks are a bit powerful as they are much later war versions of the Me109. If you are using these with everything else you purchased you may want to fly them as 109 Es.

Sabrejimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I'm sure Wings will be a big hit.

Those 109 Ks are a bit powerful as they are much later war versions of the Me109. If you are using these with everything else you purchased you may want to fly them as 109 Es.

Good point. I'll probably get a few more E models. Thanks!

yes, yes, let mini awesomeness feed the addictions. good! GOOD!

You may be able to buy an Me110 somewhere. It is a pity that the new bombers are not available yet.

I put on an 'Aircraft Appreciation' course once. In one session I talked about the background to the Battle of Britain, numbers and types of planes, tactics etc. and the we watched the movie. In an earlier session, we looked the air war in W.W.1 and we did have a game of Wings of Glory, which I think the students enjoyed. I hope that your course will be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrejimmy View Post
    Hello All,

It looks like I'll be teaching two World War II elective classes this semester. So far I have 24 students registered!
    I'll keep you updated as classes begin. Let me know if you have experience using Wings of Glory in the classroom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I put on an 'Aircraft Appreciation' course once. In one session I talked about the background to the Battle of Britain, numbers and types of planes, tactics etc. and the we watched the movie. In an earlier session, we looked the air war in W.W.1 and we did have a game of Wings of Glory, which I think the students enjoyed. I hope that your course will be a success.
    Wow, major props to you and anyone who thinks outside the box. I wish my teachers back in the day had this kind of ideas (not just for history, but overall). I would love so see updates with photos etc. It sure will be fun, and at worst it's a new and inventive idea to teach stuff!

My classes were not history. We used to have an Enrichment afternoon. Nearly all members of staff were expected to run an activity. Many were involved in sports but those of us, who were less athletic, had to think of other things. Then the government cut the Enrichment funding and that put paid to the activities.

Similar Missions

1. Two Series 8 Dogfights vs Son#1
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 03:47
  2. Dogfights in Belgrade
    By Пилот in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 00:40
  3. Do you use two-Seaters for dogfights?
    By Marechallannes in forum Polls
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 15:06
  4. National: Dogfights over Pasadena CA
    By Von Hinnebusch in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:50