Ares Games

Thread: Look What I found! P-38 Lightning and Corsair F4Umodels.

Default Look What I found! P-38 Lightning and Corsair F4Umodels.

The Red Bull online shop sells these models of a P-38 Lightning and a Corsair F4U in a twinpack. It says that the P-38 is 1/200 scale and the F4U is 1/190 scale, so they could both be useable in Wings of Glory. I have ordered a twinpack, so until it arrives I cannot comment on the quality but I suspect that they are Sky Pilot models repainted.

https://www.redbullshop.com/en-gb/p/...A190/TFB17004/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P38-1-200-F-4U-Red-Bull-1-190.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	272981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P38-1-200-F-4U-Red-Bull-1-190.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	272982

Too bad they cost another 30 euros to deliver to the USA

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Good find David.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

If they are Sky Pilot, I have accumulated a pile over the years from Hobby Lobby if you are interested . . . yikes! 56 euros pp for the 540!

I've yet to see a Sky Pilot at the Hobby Lobby near me. It's probably better that I don't. I'm sure my wife thinks that.

There is a Red Bull Shop U.S.A. at https://www.redbullshopus.com

They do not appear to stock the model aircraft at the moment but perhaps you might be able to persuade them to do so.

I actually visit my local HL weekly at the request of Mrs Clipper, she constantly needs items for her hobby - what luck! Down side is they only carry 3 planes at a time, up side they get their shipments on weds and are restocked by my Thursday "please stop on your way home" requests. It also helps to live in Phoenix, we have 5+ stores . . . . just picked up a Coursair and a Lightning this week!

The F-5G 'Photo Lightning' is in representative Red Bull colors, and not any specific unit. I can't find anything on what service the plane performed, other than it was bought from the Army Air Service in 1946. Darn.

The Corsair is a bit different. It is sports a Navy '37RB' color scheme. RB is a tail code for VRU-2 or VR-22, for which I can't find any information, other than 'VR' is for Fleet Logistics squadrons, not fighters, nor photo-recon. Interesting.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. P38 Lightning
    By Ryan_LV in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 22:36
  2. Corsair over MAM!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 14:53
  3. WGS: F4U Corsair or P-51?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 24