Ares Games

Thread: BSG: Scar time

Default BSG: Scar time

We played Scar vs two Vipers last Tuesday night. To balance things up a bit we decided that Scar only had to roll a 4 or above to obtain a hit on his two dice. We thought about invoking flaws and talents too but decided the rules were a bit too complex to do that without a bit of reading. Rolling doubles, Aiming rules, Asteroids and Planetoids were also included in our game with two sparse Asteroid fields and one medium Planetoid being placed on our field of play. Marc wanted to play Scar so Windy Jack and I became Colonial pilots. I started the furthest away from Scar so Windy was the first to engage him.

Hoping to inflict some crippling damage before I arrived to add my fire power Windy opened fire at on normal ruler length and was blasted out of the sky on his first shot! Marc had rolled doubles and hit Windy twice. Each of Windy's damage chits had a plus on them and that meant 4 damage counters. Bad luck to Windy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	272747

Wheeling past a Planetoid I managed to get a shot at Marc with no return fire!

Name:	Two.jpg 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	272748

As we twirled and desperately tried to gain advantage, he hit me too when he was out of my arc.
    Fortunately the damage was light though.

Name:	Three.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	272749

We then began a mutual battering session, and I was thinking that with his low hit roll of 4,
    Scar was going to carry the day.

Name:	Four.jpg 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	272750

Unfortunately for him my hits proved to be more effective and with that plus sign on his damage chit .......
    He accumulated a total of damage of 21 to well and truly go down.

Name:	Five.jpg 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	272751

My damage amounted to one zero chit and one three chit. Was this a victory? I am not sure
    The Colonial fleet lost Windy Jack and although Scar was shot down that Resurrection ship not far away I am sure we will meet Scar again

Apologies for the photos, they are not upside down on my computer but arrived in the forum that way.

Hahahaha - actually I thought the upside down pics looked just fine, given the craft are in space Don't know if I'm poking my nose in here or not, but I had the same problem myself once and found that by loading the pics into "Photos" then rotating then 360 degrees before saving, did the trick for me. Posting them then always comes out ok. I have no idea why that should work, but I've never had a similar problem since. The problem I had was always with pics I had in portrait orientation. Landscape pics were always ok, but that may depend on the camera used.

Nice AAR - thanks for sharing. Got my BSG in the cupboard but yet to find the time to even open it - really got to do something about that

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Hahahaha - actually I thought the upside down pics looked just fine, given the craft are in space
    I thought they were very appropriate, given that the game was in Australia!

I load all my photos into 'Paint', then rotate as needed and resize, before posting here.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post

Apologies for the photos, they are not upside down on my computer but arrived in the forum that way.
    Best way to upload them with the paint program, reduce size to 99% and save them again.

This will correct the smartphone format.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Similar Missions

1. Scar model
    By Baxter in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2019, 18:49
  2. It's yo yo time
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 17:16
  3. It's About *&^%$#!ing Time...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club