Ares Games

Thread: Damage Plus

Default Damage Plus

We played a 3 person game last night and the single Cylon almost won the day. On his very first exchange of fire, the Colonial pilot took 2 hits under the dice doubles optional rule and ended up being blown out of the sky! My question is, if both hits incur a plus sign on the damage counter, does the target take 4 counters?

If the fire is split on doubles, each counts as a separate hit, with all the rules for a hit. So, if the shooting player is using the Lethal talent, it gets put on each hit, as well. It is a super critical hit. So, if the victim is really unlucky, he could end up with as many as 10 chits of damage (as Lethal can have a player draw up to four extra damage chits, if they are all "+".).

I played a game recently where my Cylon ship was blown away on a double 6. I rolled doubles on my To Hit roll as well, but I didn't roll boxcars. So, I couldn't split my shot. I was scrap, he wasn't.

PS: It was worse than that. He rolled boxcars on both his To Hit rolls with his Vipers: BSG Warm-up for PhenomaCon 2019 .
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thank you for the replies.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-16-2018, 12:25
  2. Has anyone modified the damage dealt? Per Barrel Damage - Ramped Up, Consistant
    By Lord of Girth in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 18:03
  3. Fire Damage with engine damage?
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 01:59
  4. How much damage?
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 04:56
  5. Damage cards vs. Damage chits