Ares Games

Thread: Looking for Maneuver & Damage card storage options

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Default Looking for Maneuver & Damage card storage options

Hello all! Right now storing cards in a three ring binder with baseball card sleeves. However, with growing collection, it’s become impractical and lord help me if the binder takes a spill (cards tend to slip out of sleeves). I was thinking a storage box to store them similar to index cards and using a deep version of hobby or tackle box. Goal is to be able to store large amount of cards (indexed) in easily handled system. Any Suggestions? Alternative solutions? Thanks in advance...

P.S. Still sifting through site search, so if this has been already addressed, appreciate a point in the right direction.

I use KR multicase foam trays to store my aircraft.
    The trays are multifunctional but the main one I use has either 4 fighters slots or 2 fighter and 2 slots for two seaters, this tray has a cut out for the aircraft and a cutout for the manoeuvre deck.
    There are other trays which store just aircraft or just manoeuvre decks and damage decks.

https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/Wings03?m=ARE

There are other similar items from others including Feldherr, Figures in comfort snd last but not least our own Oberst had some trays, not too sure if these are still an option though.

You may be interested in the Wings 19 tray

Yep, my Hangar Trays are still available.

You can choose from three different bottom colors. The blue one above is the Ground Crew tray and it is designed to hold lots of damage decks, rulers and other tokens.

I always store my maneuver decks with their mini as it makes it much easier and quick to set and break down for a game. If you want to keep each card separate to be index and you don't mind building each deck card by card, the baseball sleeves is the best idea. However, they do make those style sleeves for the smaller cards. I've not used these, but they should work.

This is what I did. I used excel to create tuck boxes. They are still a work in progress but close to a final product that I can upload the templates.Name:  15631274061436576616972051698063.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  101.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    That's good to hear! I think I will order some in the near future as I have no idea where to store my minis...

However, I have some questions:

-What are the dimensions of these trays including one bottom? I want to store them stacked in a box and would like to look in advance...
    -How many minis can you store with each particular tray? I know there are several types of trays but I doesn't say in the store for how many minis they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    That's good to hear! I think I will order some in the near future as I have no idea where to store my minis...

However, I have some questions:

-What are the dimensions of these trays including one bottom? I want to store them stacked in a box and would like to look in advance...
    -How many minis can you store with each particular tray? I know there are several types of trays but I doesn't say in the store for how many minis they are...
    The trays measure 7.5"x13" (190.5mm x 330.2mm). The thickness will vary based on the type of tray. All the scout, two-seater, and Gotha trays will be 1.5" (38.1mm). The Caproni and Giants are thicker. Most trays hold 6 planes and their maneuver decks. The large two-seater holds 5, WWII Fast Fighters holds 4, Gotha and Caproni 2, Giants 1.

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!
    You have no idea. Thank you very much!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Well, think I found what I had in mind. Plano deep storage box...Room enough to store Allied and Central powers, damage cards, ground installation cards, etc... Column width is perfect and once closed, don’t have to worry about spilling them all. Found them at Academy Sports. Name:  6FA7160A-D0A8-4C7D-AF45-5FCC6371D6DB.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  144.5 KBName:  1A083A23-09C2-403E-AACD-34245C61EE58.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  198.5 KB
    Last edited by Rhino52; 07-20-2019 at 14:19.

I will be looking for quite a few of the fighter size for my WGS models. I need to tally up and calculate what will be required.
    I just don't have the room to keep them in their boxes anymore. Right now they are occupying part of my plastic drawer setup underneath the gaming (pool) table, which is mostly WGF. I will need those drawers for WGF, especially with Series 4 and the T & T coming in the not too distant future.

Just did a quick estimate and it looks like 25 trays for just the fighters!

Might have to do it in stages ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I will be looking for quite a few of the fighter size for my WGS models. I need to tally up and calculate what will be required.
    I just don't have the room to keep them in their boxes anymore. Right now they are occupying part of my plastic drawer setup underneath the gaming (pool) table, which is mostly WGF. I will need those drawers for WGF, especially with Series 4 and the T & T coming in the not too distant future.

Just did a quick estimate and it looks like 25 trays for just the fighters!

Might have to do it in stages ....
    That is a lot and doing it in stages would be the best way. In fact, I don't even have that many for the Fighter trays in stock right now.

That is a lot and doing it in stages would be the best way. In fact, I don't even have that many for the Fighter trays in stock right now.
    Or. maybe I could sort out what I need and give you time to put an order together.
    Just looked and it looks like I will need a mix of Fighter, Large Fighter and Fast Fighter.
    Then the ones for Vals and Stukas ....

I might just focus on the ETO fighters to start since it will likely be a while before my PTO planes make it to the table ...

I put it all into Excel to see what the totals came out to.
    I notice you don't have the Dauntless listed.
    I assumed the Large Scout/Fighter for those and the Merit Devastators I have - does that sound right?

Here's what I would need for the ETO
    Tray Per Theater Qty No of Trays
    Scout/Fighter 6 ETO 72 12
    Large Scout/Fighter 6 ETO 17 3
    Large 2 Seater 5 ETO 28 6
    Fast Fighters 4 ETO 31 8

and for the PTO (assuming I was right on the Dauntless/Devastator)

Tray Per Theater Qty No of Trays
    Scout/Fighter 6 PTO 39 7
    Large Scout/Fighter 6 PTO 26 4
    Large 2 Seater 5 PTO 10 2
    Fast Fighters 4 PTO 6 2

I just remembered I do have a couple of the Scout Fighter trays and one or two others that I bought a while back, but those are close enough estimates for now.
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 07-22-2019 at 21:43. Reason: added tray count estimates

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Or. maybe I could sort out what I need and give you time to put an order together.
    Just looked and it looks like I will need a mix of Fighter, Large Fighter and Fast Fighter.
    Then the ones for Vals and Stukas ....

I might just focus on the ETO fighters to start since it will likely be a while before my PTO planes make it to the table ...

I put it all into Excel to see what the totals came out to.
    I notice you don't have the Dauntless listed.
    I assumed the Large Scout/Fighter for those and the Merit Devastators I have - does that sound right?
    I'm not sure about the Devastator as I don't have a 1/200 scale mini to check with. The Dauntless does fit in the Large Fighter tray. The horizontal stabilizer just barely touches, but not enough to concern me with my own personal minis.

The only trays I don't have enough of from your above lists are the Large 2 Seater trays.

AIM Devastator dimensions...if this helps

nose - tail 55mm
    wing tip to wing tip 76mm
    wing base 19mm tapering to 6mm
    tail empanage wing tip to wing tip 28mm
    base of empanage 11mm

Devastators fit the Large 2-Seater.

I am going to revisit this after I determine how many I have without boxes (including 13 from the BoB and Deluxe sets)
    I find that the drawers I am currently keeping them in (in their boxes) hold 50 +/- each of the regular size Ares/Nexus packages.
    Those drawers will hold 8 of the Aerodrome ACE Hangar trays each, so roughly 48 individual planes. It looks like if I get more of these drawers I will be able to 'blend' my collection until I can afford to swap them out.

Name:  IMG_0516.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  112.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0517.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  76.6 KB

Just got an $800 invoice today for an MRI so this might be back-burnered for a bit ...

Similar Missions

1. BSG Storage Options?
    By StarfleetDroid in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2020, 14:47
  2. BSG Storage Options?
    By ViperPilot in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2020, 14:45
  3. Aircraft, Maneuver and Damage Deck Storage Help!
    By FarEast in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 17:32
  4. National: Best storage options
    By daledavis67 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 19:50
  5. Card storage box?
    By DuncanBiscuits in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 19:03