Ares Games

Thread: T&T damage decks vs WoG

Question T&T damage decks vs WoG

Now that T&T retail has finally hit the “shelves” has anyone compared the damage decks for the airplanes between each of the two games? I’d love to get extra damage decks for WoG but I believe there was some discussion the decks may be different.

Not quite here yet, days away they say . . . we will all know when they do . . .

I will dig mine out later for you. If I understand your request you are wanting a comparison between the WGF A,B,C and D decks vs the T&T version of the same ones.

I was thinking of our Aussie brethren. They’ve had it for a bit now right?

They are in the heat of the battle at the moment . . . . : )

They won't be the standard decks Joe as they will be marked with special damage that can be caused to the Tripods - eg toppled / disabled smoke generator / circuits hit and so on.

"He is wise who watches"

Right then. Slightly singed from the heat of battle I come to give you good news.

Comparing the damage decks A,B,C and D from both WGF and T&T, each deck has the same number of cards in it except for the C deck which has 34 cards in the aircraft deck and only 17 in the T&T deck.

A deck 35 cards.
    B deck 44 cards.
    C deck 34 aircraft cards and 17 T&T cards. (9 0's in T&T vs 18 0's in Aircraft deck)
    D deck 8 cards.

Special damage to Aircraft if using the cards against other aircraft is noted in a small icon on the top right hand corner of the T&T damage decks so you can use T&T damage cards in your other WGF games. This damage is exactly the same damage on the same value cards in the WGF damage decks. Some special damage to tripods is unique so you cannot use normal aircraft damage cards for your T&T games.

If you ignore the centred large damage icons and just look at the top right then you do indeed have spare damage decks for your WGF games.

Thanks Baxter, thats awesome news. Pretty much just looking for A and B decks anyways.

Good hunting and bag some squids for the rest of us...

They gave us a double C deck in the RAP, probably to cope with AAA & all the expected collisions - just a single deck in TnT.
    Thought they would have chucked in double D's (matron) as it is a rocket heavy game !

"He is wise who watches"

It is good that the new damage decks are automatically compatible with the WGF ones. They may help new players to start playing WGF during the current drought of two-player starter sets and RAP packs. They could purchase some planes and a Damage Deck Accessory pack, download the Basic and Standard rules from the Ares website and make their own range ruler and tokens, until the official ones became available again.

Or just buy the RAP from Entoyment at Poole - they're back in stock at the minute.

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

There is also a set of counters for WGS included as one of the stretch goals - it will be interesting to see how they match up with the origins WW2 counters. It's nice to know that the WWI damage cards are as compatible as they are

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    There is also a set of counters for WGS included as one of the stretch goals - it will be interesting to see how they match up with the origins WW2 counters. It's nice to know that the WWI damage cards are as compatible as they are

All the best,
    Matt
    Just compared the the WGS damage tokens with those in my BoB set. They're identical with the exception that in T&T any damage of 3-6 also inflicts 1 point of energy damage to tripods, whereas 7-10 inflicts 2 points, 12 inflicts 3 points and 15 inflicts 4 energy damage points. They can definitely be mixed in with your normal WWII tokens. Such a mix might even make the T&T games more exciting: either acknowledge that such damage incurs the new effects (a simple damage card could be whipped up for reference) or allow the normal damage WITHOUT the energy depletion, making the tripods a little more difficult to take down! They ARE supposed to be nasty buggers after all!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Right then. Slightly singed from the heat of battle I come to give you good news.

Comparing the damage decks A,B,C and D from both WGF and T&T, each deck has the same number of cards in it except for the C deck which has 34 cards in the aircraft deck and only 17 in the T&T deck.

A deck 35 cards.
    B deck 44 cards.
    C deck 34 aircraft cards and 17 T&T cards. (9 0's in T&T vs 18 0's in Aircraft deck)
    D deck 8 cards.

Special damage to Aircraft if using the cards against other aircraft is noted in a small icon on the top right hand corner of the T&T damage decks so you can use T&T damage cards in your other WGF games. This damage is exactly the same damage on the same value cards in the WGF damage decks. Some special damage to tripods is unique so you cannot use normal aircraft damage cards for your T&T games.

If you ignore the centred large damage icons and just look at the top right then you do indeed have spare damage decks for your WGF games.
    Baxter, do you know if the damage card breakdown you listed applies to the original WoW decks? If not, do you (or anyone) know what that breakdown is? Great info, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BellMW54 View Post
    Just compared the the WGS damage tokens with those in my BoB set. They're identical with the exception that in T&T any damage of 3-6 also inflicts 1 point of energy damage to tripods, whereas 7-10 inflicts 2 points, 12 inflicts 3 points and 15 inflicts 4 energy damage points. They can definitely be mixed in with your normal WWII tokens. Such a mix might even make the T&T games more exciting: either acknowledge that such damage incurs the new effects (a simple damage card could be whipped up for reference) or allow the normal damage WITHOUT the energy depletion, making the tripods a little more difficult to take down! They ARE supposed to be nasty buggers after all!!!
    DOH! What I'd meant to say was, I'd compared the T&T WGS (i.e., WWII) damage tokens with my BoB tokens. I hope that makes more sense ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino52 View Post
    Baxter, do you know if the damage card breakdown you listed applies to the original WoW decks? If not, do you (or anyone) know what that breakdown is? Great info, thanks!
    Hi Eric. I am travelling at the moment and will not be home for a few days. From memory, the old C WoW deck had 17 cards in it like the T&T C deck does. That was increased to 34 cards in the WoG series. Not sure about the others. I will look when I get home. As far as damage comparisons go, I imagine that they would be identical across the series to aircraft anyway. The damage symbols changed a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino52 View Post
    The WoW decks are identical Eric - C deck is 17 cards but they gave us a double deck in the WoG RAP, probably to run AA with one and collisions with the other.

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Baxter, thanks. Was able to confirm (good memory!) by breaking down damage decks I have (5 sets). How many DDs do you typically use during a game? We’ve been using 3 of each (number of B decks I have).

Just noticed that there is a set of chits for WoG2 so have look into that. Thanks for all the info and input.

Similar Missions

1. How many damage decks
    By Rabscallion in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2018, 23:20
  2. Damage decks
    By calm in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 07:23
  3. Damage decks
    By Suffern in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19