Ares Games

Thread: New Spitfire I/II decks

Default New Spitfire I/II decks

I know that I am late on this...
    I bought some of the new Spitfires I/II and they have two new maneuver cards. What are your thoughts about it?
    Do the new Hurricanes also have new cards?

My Hurricanes have the ability cards Reverse Diver, and Spluttering engines but no other cards that I have noticed Quim.
    Someone may know different, however.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    My Hurricanes have the ability cards Reverse Diver, and Spluttering engines but no other cards that I have noticed Quim.
    Someone may know different, however.
    Rob.
    Thank you my friend.
    I was also talking about different maneuvers since the Spit has now two extra maneuvers.

Not sure about this. I would have to cross reference with the Wings of War decks which are unavailable until I get my new Games room finished. Such a loyt of my stuff is packed away at the moment.
    Rob.

Not sure about this. I would have to cross reference with the Wings of War decks which are unavailable until I get my new Games room finished. Such a loyt of my stuff is packed away at the moment.
    Rob.
    No worries. I can wait.

I have compared the A manoeuvre decks for a Nexus Wings of War Spitfire and an Ares Wings of Glory Spitfire. The Wings of Glory Spitfire has two extra turn cards, a Fast 45 degree Turn to the Right and a Fast 45 degree Turn to the Left. Both decks have two identical, slower 45 degree Turn cards in both directions. Another small difference is that the Wings of War Spitfire's Wide Sideslip cards provide a very slightly wider Sideslip than in the Wings of Glory deck.

The other difference between their combat performances are the disputed climb rates and maximum altitude levels.

Easy fix then. MY BEST PILOTS GET THE BETTER CARDS AND CLIMB RATES.
    No need to change any decks for the Nexus aircraft.
    Rob.

That extra tight turn in the new packs could certainly reflect a more experienced pilot Rob.

Good to hear from you again Quim
    . long time no hear.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I have compared the A manoeuvre decks for a Nexus Wings of War Spitfire and an Ares Wings of Glory Spitfire. The Wings of Glory Spitfire has two extra turn cards, a Fast 45 degree Turn to the Right and a Fast 45 degree Turn to the Left. Both decks have two identical, slower 45 degree Turn cards in both directions. Another small difference is that the Wings of War Spitfire's Wide Sideslip cards provide a very slightly wider Sideslip than in the Wings of Glory deck.

The other difference between their combat performances are the disputed climb rates and maximum altitude levels.
    Thanks for the clarification David.

I am struggling a bit with the changes in decks. (I don't mind, but at least they could offer the possibility of buying the new decks in separate.

Easy fix then. MY BEST PILOTS GET THE BETTER CARDS AND CLIMB RATES.
    No need to change any decks for the Nexus aircraft.
    Rob.
    Rob it is really always amazing to hear your voice of wisdom.
    I might do the very same.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    That extra tight turn in the new packs could certainly reflect a more experienced pilot Rob.

Good to hear from you again Quim
    . long time no hear.
    Thank you my friend.
    Good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post

At least they could offer the possibility of buying the new decks in separate.
    Totally agree Quim.

They have lost at least the revenue for 20 or so decks from me alone for the ones that I have had to copy because they are no longer available, and because they are for aircraft which Ares do not make anyway that is a net loss to them of say £100 if the decks were marketed at say £5 each. That's about the price of two decks of standard playing cards. Got to be a profit there.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. F-Toy 109 and Spitfire
    By Baxter in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2019, 18:14
  2. Spitfire pic?
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 21:23
  3. wanted: flight decks/damage decks/plane cards
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 20