Ares Games

Thread: Hello from Sydney

Default Hello from Sydney

Hey everyone,
    Whilst i've been a member on these forums for about a year. I've hardly actually been able to play any Wings of Glory! (moving house, and other lovely things)

but now its time ! i've put in some orders for the WW2 Battle of Britain Set, and some additional planes. I cannot wait to have everything together!

Please forgive me for any/all my beginner questions i will most likely be asking in the near future

Thanks!
    Paul

Thumbs up

G'day Paul & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the other Pilots who fly in NSW.
    I guess our games club at Moryua is just a bit far for you to travel for some games!
    However you might want to consider a visit to Wintercon in Canberra in July.
    Check out Zoe's posts on Wintercon in this section.

Never be afraid to ask questions. We were ALL newbies at one stage.

Thanks mate!
    haha, even though i am in south sydney. I still think it may be a bridge too far! haha

I'll keep an eye out!

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes (ohio usa) Paul!!!! we love beginner questions because it give us the chance to sound like we know what were talking about, sometimes .

Welcome to the Aerodrome Paul. There are many knowledgeable and willing pilots here to help out so don't hesitate to fire away with any questions.

Thanks all for the very warm welcome. Can't wait to share some stories/questions/pictures..

Speaking of which, i just received an email that one of my packages has arrived! From "Rival Sky Games" I think he may be a member on here also.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums. Rival Sky games is Evan Morgan. A really nice guy, member for years, strong supporter and distributor of our products. I am going to Wintercon so for me in Adelaide that is a bridge even further.

If you change your mind it is on the weekend of July 20th and 21st. Zoe will guide you through both Tripods and Triplanes and also Battle Star Galactica. They are the new kids on the Ares block. Should be good.

G'Day mate, from Portland, Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums. Rival Sky games is Evan Morgan. A really nice guy, member for years, strong supporter and distributor of our products. I am going to Wintercon so for me in Adelaide that is a bridge even further.

If you change your mind it is on the weekend of July 20th and 21st. Zoe will guide you through both Tripods and Triplanes and also Battle Star Galactica. They are the new kids on the Ares block. Should be good.
    thanks! i'll need to check the dates with the "social director" to see if i am free or not ..

I'd love to come down and see some games in action!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nofrills00 View Post
    Thanks mate!
    haha, even though i am in south sydney. I still think it may be a bridge too far! haha

I'll keep an eye out!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Paul, from here in the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, Paul, from here in the United Kingdom.
    Thanks David!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here int he US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofrills00
    Please forgive me for any/all my beginner questions i will most likely be asking in the near future
    Don't be afraid to ask; if you don't, you'll never find the answer.

Check out the files section-many, many things game elated: "unofficial" aircraft, scenarios, custom rules, etc, etc.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Paul!

Hope you get lots of opportunities for action!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you finally have time to become more active, Paul! Glad you have found your way to the Forum and are ready to plunge in! So many great people and so much wonderful information at your fingertips here...

Check your six from time to time...

All the best,
    Matt

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

Welcome to the 'Drome' Paul from the good old UK. West Yorkaaaaaaaaaaaaashire to be exact. Fly safe and always watch your ssix.

If you can make it, it would be great to see you at Wintercon. This will be the 7th consecutive WGF game, or series of games, this year including Martians and also a separate BSG game as part of the international '33' campaign. There will be unique promo cards for all participants, and a prize for "best and fairest".
    Also the world premiere of both a pre production Raptor and Heavy Raider.

Please tell everyone in your area who might be interested.

Hi Paul, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome aboard cobber... from a Northern based Pom

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks again everyone!
    i've already got a bunch of newbie questions haha.

I will consolidate them into one post in the near future

Regards,
    Paul

So you can't find a better place for them, Paul. Feel free to ask what you need, there won't be any answers like "Google it, dude." not here on the Aerodrome
    Greetings also from Central Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    So you can't find a better place for them, Paul. Feel free to ask what you need, there won't be any answers like "Google it, dude." not here on the Aerodrome
    Greetings also from Central Europe.

Thanks!
    Well i guess the first question, is how do you all store your miniatures? so far i have the BoB set, as well as 4 other fighters. I'm thinking of heading out to the hardware store and investing in a "Plano" Case sort of system.
    But i guess im interested to see what others use also.

Regards,
    Paul

Lightbulb

Thanks!
    Well i guess the first question, is how do you all store your miniatures? so far i have the BoB set, as well as 4 other fighters. I'm thinking of heading out to the hardware store and investing in a "Plano" Case sort of system.

Regards,
    Paul
    G'day Paul.
    I mostly use the foam "Hangers" that Keith sells via the Aerodrome store in a large plastic storage bin of which I now have quite a number!
    These store both the aircraft etc & the manoeuvre decks.
    There are also other similar ones available with carry cases to suit from Games outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nofrills00
    Well i guess the first question, is how do you all store your miniatures?
    Like Barry, I use many of Keith's Aerodrome store hangars. But I also make my own knock-offs. Kalnaren, here https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...+print+storage , has a project going for making his own custom storage trays; works if you have a 3-D printer.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Paul
    Welcome, Paul, from over the border in SA. As others have said, you will find lots of help and lots of helpful people on this Forum. Some questions will have been asked before, but that doesn't matter. Someone who knows can you direct you to the threads where they are answered.

As to your first question, I only have a small collection of 28 WWI planes. I store them is A4 size containers that I bought at a local hardware store. They stack and have compartments just the right size for the planes. I put some of that non-slip material in the bottom of each section so that the planes don't slide around. I store the plane cards in the same containers down the middle.

Thanks guys,

I walked up to my local game shop this morning, to see what they had in terms of storage solutions. I was pointed to the friendly guys at "The Combat Company" in Mortdale.
    They were really helpful, and i ended up leaving with a combat bag & 2 resizeable foam trays. Pictures attached for reference. Name:  20190709_160337.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  152.3 KBName:  20190709_160312.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  201.8 KBName:  20190709_160252.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  125.9 KB

Well, that'll do nicely!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Western Front: The amazing Sydney Carlin
    By john snelling in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2017, 23:13
  2. Let's play in Western Sydney
    By mikaelwardhana in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 03:07
  3. Spotted for sale in Sydney
    By smitty_au in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 8