Ares Games

Thread: LingSter's Custom Wings of War Maps.

Default LingSter's Custom Wings of War Maps.

Folks, it has been several years, since this was brought up. Back in 2015, I had started on making my custom map for Wings of Glory, or any wargaming game. Then life got in the way, my wife had ALS, and she passed back last year. Well, since my life was on hold, and so was this project, I started doing research again on the project, and found some new things.

I can print in different styles of formats, from vinyl, to neoprene mouse mats. But, the biggest question, is that I have been out of touch with the industry for a while and I really don't know if there is a need or a want for the map.

here is an image of what it looked like back in 2015 (16 total sections back then, changing to a different set now)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	england-sliced.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	270814

So, now that your memory has been refreshed, do you want to see this come back? Is it worth spending the money and getting this show back on the road and doing a Kickstarter (or something similar) to get the map(s) to the masses?

Let me know!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So would each section be a 4X6 map, John? Or how would it work, since you are changing to a 'different set'...)? I would certainly be interested. I assume this is the only 'view' that you are considering selling, or do you have other maps of non-coastal regions in reserve?

I remember this conversation from before, and I really liked what you had done. I am so sorry to hear why you had to understandably shelve the project! Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss.

I lokk forward to where you decide to go with this. I have seen your posting on the 'official' FB page and am glad you are looking for input there, too.

All the best,
    Matt

Each section would be a 4x6. The current printer I have(still looking for others) can do that. Mousepad mats would be ultimately long lasting. The view I posted is just the big map in its entierty. The big map is cut into smaller 4x6 sections, most would not have shoreline. I do have ideas on another section, with no mans land.

The original from,2015 was printed on vinyl. Good and cheap, but super heavy and not very portable.

A 6 by 4 city map of London or Paris would be immensely popular. I think Deepcut studios have the market now with their mats otherwise.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I like the idea of a London or a Paris map, indeed!

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I like the idea of a London or a Paris map, indeed!

All the best,
    Matt
    I'll second that!

I was going to suggest London as well, since Ares don’t look to be providing theirs.

The Pacific Theatre would also be of interest, Midway perhaps?
    Very sorry to hear about your missus.
    My older brother passed away due to ALS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    A 6 by 4 city map of London or Paris would be immensely popular.
    I have a set of London mats from the Giants kickstarter-but Paris? A worthy project indeed.

I second the London and Pacific Theater mats idea above.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    I have a set of London mats from the Giants kickstarter-but Paris? A worthy project indeed.
    I have the shiny paper ones as well.
    I want 'proper' mats. Like they did for the No Man's Land and Industrial Complex.

Was there any bombing in Paris?
    If not London, I would suggest Berlin.

The First Blitz was partly over London. Paris was bombed and shelled regularly. Vienna also copped visits by Italians. I do not think Berlin was hit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I do not think Berlin was hit though.
    I was thinking more for WGS for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I was thinking more for WGS for that one.
    Sorry of course you were. I guess that shows WWI is my favourite if I forget WWII.

That’s why London is great.
    Works for both.

I think I took most of your WWII off your hands back in 2015.

Yes you did. I still have guilty nightmares over that Postage fiasco. I have rebuilt WWII to some degree as one of our quartet likes it better than the other games.

The boxes with a big "G" on them will always have a place in my collection.

Similar Missions

1. LingSter's Maps is NOT dead!
    By LingSter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 12:35
  2. LingSter's custom map questions....
    By LingSter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 16:26
  3. LingSter's Custom Battlemat....
    By LingSter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 27