Ares Games

Thread: Other Partizan 2019 August 18

Default Other Partizan 2019 August 18

I have asked for two tables for the above show in August.
    I currently envisage WW1 and Sails, however we can sub for BSG or T&T if we have people wanting to put on instead and we have the kit.
    For now though we have the standard games.
    Location is the Newark showgrounds as per Partizan in May.
    I will put up details shortly.
    Any volls for this show.

Count me in Chris. Sails please if room otherwise will do WW1 but not the other two options thanks.

I will do Sails with Reg Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I will do Sails with Reg Chris. Would you like to post this event also on the Sails site.
    Rob.

Count me in for WW1

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Might be able to swing a day pass for this one. If I'm there I'm there, if I'm not then day pass denied. But if I am I'll help out wherever I can.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

It would certainly be great to see you Neil. I hope you can make it.
    Rob.

As I missed out on going to Barrage this year I haave got clearance to attend this show.

Great to hear you are coming Mark.
    See you there,
    Rob.

Thats brilliant news Mark - see you there mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Thats brilliant news Mark - see you there mate
    I do hope that I have better success than at WMMS Chris. It was kind of getting embarrassing getting KIA every time . I just hope that you have run out of those bullet hole stickers. Or will you just print up another batch just for me.

Don't worry Mark. I burn down almost every time I play. Now I'm doing Sails I just sink. Makes a nice change. Glory only knows what will happen when the Tripods arrive.
    Rob.

This is the day after the "Entoyment" bash in Poole.
    I might be able to do both - depends on how knackered I am after Saturday's action!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It would certainly be good to se you up here for Partizan Tim.
    Rob.

It would certainly be good to se you up here for Partizan Tim.
    Rob.
    The new Wagon's up for it...………..just remains to be seen whether I am!

As Partizan is this weekend bringing back to fore.
    We have two tables booked, Wings WW1 and Sails.
    Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances I may not be able to attend after all, sorry.

However I am sure we will have enough to run both tables Wings and anything else if we cant get sails there.

So we need to confirm who will do Wings and a contingency if I and Rob (Bligh) cannot get there.
    I will confirm by Friday my circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    As Partizan is this weekend bringing back to fore.
    We have two tables booked, Wings WW1 and Sails.
    Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances I may not be able to attend after all, sorry.

However I am sure we will have enough to run both tables Wings and anything else if we cant get sails there.

So we need to confirm who will do Wings and a contingency if I and Rob (Bligh) cannot get there.
    I will confirm by Friday my circumstances.
    I will be there around 09.00. I intended to do Sails and still do. I can bring the mat and some (27 No.) ships if needed. Please let me know as and when.

I’ll be there from about 08:45 I can look after The Wings table... I just need a few extra mats as I only have the one... got plenty of planes though.

I’ll be there from about 08:45 I can look after The Wings table... I just need a few extra mats as I only have the one... got plenty of planes though.
    Chris, I could bring my 'Kent Countryside' mat 8' x 5' if you like. Let me know. I hope to be there around, but no later than, 09.00.

Hope it all goes well for you guys. Sorry I cannot be there

I will be there to do Sails, so no need to worry on that score. Capt Kiwi and I will join Reg on that table, so if the rest can concentrate upon Wings all will be well. I have both banners.
    Rob.

I will be there to do Sails, so no need to worry on that score. Capt Kiwi and I will join Reg on that table, so if the rest can concentrate upon Wings all will be well. I have both banners.
    Rob.
    Rob do you need me to bring any kit? Ships, mat, rocks etc.!

Only if you have a favourite ship to sail Reg.
    I will bring all my kit.
    Rob.

Apologies but I will not be able to make Partizan. Purse has taken a heavy hit with new car parts, catalytic converter, exhaust, and a few other costly items. But at least it should get us to Gatwick now.....lol.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Gents, my apologies due to personal circumstances I will not be able to attend Partizan as planned, sorry but its just not possible.
    Hope you all have a good time.

Gutted Chris... it won’t be the same without you. Following our chat last week I totally understand.
    Take care and we will see you soon.

Right... car loaded... see you tomorrow chaps

Have a good 'un, Tim's wending his way back home as we speak and will be with you tomorrow.

"He is wise who watches"

Right... car loaded... see you tomorrow chaps
    Ditto that Chris.
    Rob.

Sorry to miss this one, have a great day tomorrow

A great big thank you to Tim, Chris, Andy and Reg for their unstinting support today.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers carried it off again.
    Well done chaps.
    Rob.

Footnote: Tim actually took a photo of our game that shall remain nameless, without either his Frog Pills or his Camera melting. Must have been due to the Unseen University being in close proximity, well two tables away actually.

Footnote: Tim actually took a photo of our game that shall remain nameless, without either his Frog Pills or his Camera melting. Must have been due to the Unseen University being in close proximity, well two tables away actually.
    The picture is fuzzy and unfocused - presumably because the camera was attempting to focus on a game which does not exist.....................

Let’s just not mention collisions today...

Let’s just not mention collisions today...
    Oh, go on, let's..........PLEASE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Oh, go on, let's..........PLEASE!!!!!

Oh! Alright then if we must.
    The Ships were remarkable in that, as far as I am aware, there were no ship to ship collisions for the whole day. There were however a couple of running ashore, on the rocks, and a collision: with the largest piece of scenery on the table. Luckily all by punters.
    A great day SAILING none the less!

None of which according to Tim actually ever happened!
    Rob.

CAPTION COMPETITION.

Name:  IMG_8112.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  169.1 KB

Name:  IMG_8113.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  198.9 KB

My interpretation is Flying Helmut demonstrates to Hedeby how an Immelmann turn should be done correctly.

CAPTION COMPETITION.

Name:  IMG_8112.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  169.1 KB

Name:  IMG_8113.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  198.9 KB

My interpretation is Flying Helmut demonstrates to Hedeby how an Immelmann turn should be done correctly.
    I came up underneath him and was just about to give him a squirt when my Helmet slipped down over my eyes and I lost the bugger!

Similar Missions

1. PARTIZAN 2019
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-21-2019, 01:10
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 12:06
  3. The Other Partizan Sunday 19th August 2018
    By Naharaht in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2018, 14:56
  4. Partizan II
    By johnbiggles in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 15:55
  5. Guns of August August 23rd - 25th , 2013 Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:07