Ares Games

Thread: Origins 2019 - Any More Photos ?

Default Origins 2019 - Any More Photos ?

We've seen the photo's of the AA & WO games at Origins - did anyone get any of the BGiF games or did I miss something ?
    Away on hols when the event was on & the wifi was spotty to say the least. Would like to see what mischief they got up to with theirs as I'm sure others would !

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

The Buckeye Gamers were located in another hall this year a couple of hundred yards away from the Ares booth, Dave. Phillip/milcoll73 has posted pics he took at their 'Moscow Bombed' game - he has a link in his Officer's Club posting of that event. It was run by Mark McCreary - Mark is not, to my knowledge, a member of the Forum. I have seen a bunch of photos of other Buckeye Gamers' games posted on their Facebook page, but no one from the group has posted any to the Forum yet, I don't think. Their Godzilla game seemed to be a hit - Ken/The Cowman posted on FB that it was one of the most enjoyable games he's run in a long time.

I managed to walk over and say hello to folks a couple of times during the weekend, but I didn't have a chance to play in any of their Wings or BSG games. With luck, perhaps Ken or Thomas or Randy or Tommy or Ann will share some for us here.

Hope your vacay was a hit!

All the best,
    Matt

Thanks Matt, I saw the Moscow Bombed one, mistakenly thought it was one of Phil's WO games. Hope we get to see more, don't have farcebook so have to rely on somebody to post some here.

"He is wise who watches"

Sorry to say I didn't get over to the other gaming area myself. Between running six games and playing in eight, one or two meals for the week so not a lot of time for much else.

Hopefully others will post some.

I played in Tom's Mitchell's game; I'm still working up my report. Probably try and post tomorrow, if work doesn't wipe me out.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Look forward to that Karl

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Yay, Karl! It completely slipped my mind that you had played in a game with the BGers. I, too, will look forward to your pics and reports from the Front PAce yourself and don't get worn out at work!!!

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We've seen the photo's of the AA & WO games at Origins - did anyone get any of the BGiF games or did I miss something ?
    Away on hols when the event was on & the wifi was spotty to say the least. Would like to see what mischief they got up to with theirs as I'm sure others would !
    Dave I am working on something you will like... It should be worth your wait! In the meantime we do have a bunch of pics in our Facebook Group page... You do not need to belong to the group, but you will need to be signed into a facebook account to see them! https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuckeyeGamers/
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I shall look forward to that Ken, thanks, hope you BG's had a good time. Not on facebook so cannot access.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I shall look forward to that Ken, thanks, hope you BG's had a good time. Not on facebook so cannot access.
    We always have fun! Not much point in putting in the resources, money, and energy we do if it is not fun in the end! I completely understand that Facebook is not for everyone! Unfortunately there is only one of me, and over the last few years the level of tabletop event play that I, and my fellow Buckeye Gamers, have put out there has required me to focus less on the forums and more on general social media. We have had excellent results from Facebook especially, and with us now branching out and running games for other companies as well, it just fits the bill better. That being said, I will always check back here and visit my longtime wingman if I can't reach them through current social media! As I have made very clear to Roberto Di Meglio, and Andrea Angiolino, Wings of Glory has always been my first true tabletop love, and Ares Games will always have a spot on the Buckeye Gamers tables!

Once I get my little project completed, my hope is to publish it on the Buckeye Gamers site if it is at all feasible! I will provide links here! No Facebook required!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2019 Thursday
    By Teaticket in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 07:14
  2. Origins 2019 For the Tzar
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2019, 13:25
  3. Origins 2019 Guadelcanal
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5