Ares Games

Thread: Series 5 Reprint in Plans

Thumbs up Series 5 Reprint in Plans

Here is a yesterday quote from Ares WoG FB page that show something is moving:

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely. But this is the year 1944! The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!
    Good luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
    General Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander, 6 June 1944
    75 years ago, the D-Day. Battle raged on land, water, and in the air. Many brave men fought (and many died) on that day. Entire squadrons flew into the fight, willing to accept that none of them would come back.
    You can find some of these heroes remembered in our P-47 airplane packs - Lt. Mohrle and Lt. Raymond - and in the soon-to-be-reprinted P-51 and Spitfire Mk.IX airplane packs.
    Post Scriptum: Now I realized they mentioned "just" P-51 and Spitfire, not Fw.190 or Nakajima Ki.84. Maybe the thread name is not accurate.
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 06-07-2019 at 07:54.

Any news of WW2 reprints is good news Daniel.
    Thanks for the encouraging post.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Despite the fact I do not plan to buy the new ones, I am happy Ares is trying to keep the iconic minis repetetively on the shelves. It is the same like with Fokker Dr.I and Camel in WGF - everyone wants to fight von Richthofen agains Biggles

When they say "soon," what does that mean?

I would say that allied planes were mentioned in the context of the heroes on D-Day.
    As for soon,

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    When they say "soon," what does that mean?
    Think “soon” in geologic terms. At least an ice age or two.
    #deadpan

I am now working to a more hopeful closer scale Bruce.
    "In my lifetime."
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You guys crack me up. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Think how long we have been waiting for series 7.

And replace the “ice age” or two with a month of two (well, two and the good part of another). The Ares website lists the series 5 reprints for August (July for T&T, later this month for series 1). Subject to the vagaries of Ares production of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Post Scriptum: Now I realized they mentioned "just" P-51 and Spitfire, not Fw.190 or Nakajima Ki.84. Maybe the thread name is not accurate.

They use the same four plane molds for WGS as they do for WGF, so I'm sure we'll see the Fw.190 and Ki.84 (although I still have over a half dozen of the later sitting on my shelves )

So a WGS series 5 reprint, but no WGS series seven release promised how many years ago

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Reaaaaaaally wanting some Corsairs, Lightnings and Hellcats. Got sick of waiting for Ares years ago though unfortunately.

The 75th Anniversary of Iwo Jima comes early next year... Not really an iconic air battle but it is an opportunity to sell a commemorative aircraft and possibley achieve some sales outside the hobby (especially in the USA).

It would be good, Scott, but Ares Marketing Division does not appear to take into account historical anniversaries.

I just realized I may have missed something. I wonder if Ares will fix the Mustang deck like they did for the Spitfire. The current versions all perform like they are sporting the Allison engine.

Similar Missions

1. Series 1 reprint
    By Angiolillo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 10-12-2021, 06:08
  2. Series 3 Reprint
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 04:33
  3. Reprint of series 3??
    By LOOP in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12