Thread: Any Sightings?

Default Any Sightings?

Getting close to another planetary alignment . . . any rumblings or sightings?

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The only thing 'red' around here are my eyes - ah, the sadness of no Martians! Looks like this will be Year Two of Origins without our Kickstarter...

Holding out hope, but my arms are getting a bit tired...

All the best,
    Matt

It could still happen, hang in there! A good invaision is a surprise one, remember the Spanish Inquisition . . .

Got here and went to the Store. Shows April as release for orders (not Keith's fault). Went to the Miniature Market and they have pre order for June. Then checked ARES and they have July as release date. Wasn't sure if I was going to get this but now very tempted to jump in on this. Saw that here in the store there are counters to use with WW2 planes so another addition to the game.

I remember those advertisements, Dave. I even think that I have a tea-towel somewhere with a picture of them on it.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

I presume from what Ares had to say, that I won’t start holding my breath until Aussies start reporting activity. Interpolating everything that Ares has said and didn’t say, their US warehouse probably will get the goods in two to three weeks time, assuming their shipping times are accurate (they didn’t actually say when the container ship actually left port - two weeks if it left the next day, but it might take a week to finish loading). So...download those rules and read them while you wait.

From personal experience with containers arriving at Long Beach/Los Angeles harbors (which get something like 40% of all containers entering the US by ship), the container could be offloaded that day, or buried under a numerous layers of other containers. It could then fly through customs, or marinate on a palette in some warehouse awaiting inspection for days. Where the heck Ares’ warehouse is is a mystery to me, but probably where shipping it there is cheaper than paying California property rates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190608_183037.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	269018

Alas . . .

Name:	20190608_183011.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	269019

. . . from the cleaning of the deep freeze . . .

This was fun, hadn't seen it before, free on Prime . . . had it's moments . . .

Name:	20190608_204704.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	276.5 KB 
ID:	269065

Name:	20190608_205223.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	269066
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 06-11-2019 at 06:45.

Thank you for telling us about this movie, David.

Just received the latest update from Ares on the Tripods & Triplanes shipment schedule, and it looks like it will be at the Australian, US, and European warehouses at the end of June - at least that's what they estimate - 27 June for Rival Sky, 29 June for Fort Wayne, IN, and 30 June for Ludopackt in Germany...

Perhaps we're looking at mid-July for some tripods on the doorstep?!?! This bodes well for having T&T for games at next year's Origins... Still, I am happy to receive the update and somewhat more definite info

All the best,
    Matt

It‘s a little bit disappointing now...

Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Just in!

People of the Earth!

Yes - finally, it does. Here's what's going on, as Tripods & Triplanes journeys through sea and land to their destinations...

• The China warehouse (VFI Asia) received the shipment, and they are shipping this week (tracking notifications sent directly from them as they ship).
    • The Australian vessel is scheduled to land in Melbourne on June, 19th. The ETA (estimated time of arrival) at the warehouse (Rival Sky) is scheduled around June, 27th.
    • The US/Canada vessel is scheduled to land in Prince Rupert, BC on June, 1th 15. The ETA at the Ft. Wayne, IN warehouse (AGS) is scheduled around June, 29th.
    • The European vessel is scheduled to land in La Spezia on the 20th. The ETA at the German warehouse (Ludopackt) is scheduled around June, 30th.

IF YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS CHANGE, CHANGE IT NOW! The China warehouse already received the addresses of Chinese and Rest of the World (outside of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and Europe), so they are locked already. If you are serviced from any of the other 4 hubs, you are still in time to do an address change at http://ks.aresgames.eu/my-account until the end of this week - then all other addresses will be locked, too.

See you at Origins (if you are there!)

If you have been at UKGE, last week in Birmingham, you already had a chance to see Tripods & Triplanes in action. If you are at Origins, in Columbus, OH, later this week, you will have another chance to see the "real thing" on the gaming tables at our booth - we're doing demos, but not selling product there, as we will wait the Kickstarter fulfillment.
    Thanks for your support,

Roberto/Ares
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

That’s June 15th for making port way up in Prince Rupert. Hmmm - importing from Canada to the US rather than China to the US? Hey, if it beats a certain politician’s latest fit of xenophobic tariffs, I’m okay with it. However, two weeks from Rupert to Fort Wayne - probably on the bottom of the stack of containers. Anyway, sounds vaguely like somewhere in the second week of July to get into my hot little hands. A little quicker to make landfall than I expected (I was thinking the 18th), a little longer to reach Ares than I thought (I was guesstimating the 25th-28th). The light at the end of the tunnel...but always a chance for one last train wreck (literally).

I hope I get my hands back by then to help ward off the invasion . . . sadly all my Mars Bars have more than expired and turned a gooey caramelly substance that is not edible . . . might make good ballistic cores against the Martians though . . . mid to end of July I should think if I were a betting fan . . .

Glad I checked and hanks for the update. I placed my order here yesterday so now I have an idea of when to expect them. Looks like they might be here for Historicon in July.

Seems to be some action in the desert . . .

Name:	20190613_192210.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	269182

hmmm . . .

Name:	20190613_192129.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	269183

. . . I wonder what the elves are up to . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Just in!

People of the Earth!

Yes - finally, it does. Here's what's going on, as Tripods & Triplanes journeys through sea and land to their destinations...

• The US/Canada vessel is scheduled to land in Prince Rupert, BC on June, 1th 15. The ETA at the Ft. Wayne, IN warehouse (AGS) is scheduled around June, 29th.

The sad part of this information is that Prince Rupert, BC is the north Pacific port in Canada, but still closer to me than the warehouses in the USA. Then, they will have to ship it back to me. Probably with Customs charges, to add insult to injury.

So, tomorrow, they will be passing north of Vancouver Island.

Name:	KickstarterShipping.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	269186

PS: TransCanada Highway 16 from Prince Rupert, British Columbia, through Edmonton, Alberta, through Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to the TransCanada Highway 1 in West Manitoba to Winnipeg, then South to hit the Interstate 29 into Grand Forks, ND. From there, Interstate 94 through Minneapolis, MN, through Chicago, IL, and down to Ft Wayne, IN. The way truckers drive, this should be no more than 4 days, driving under the speed limit all the way.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; Yesterday at 18:54.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I live near Fort Wayne. Where can I get them?

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiWings View Post
    I live near Fort Wayne. Where can I get them?
    www.kickstarter.com - Tripods & Triplanes, The War of the Worlds in Wings of Glory

Or, failing that:

Aerodrome Accessories.com - Tripods & Triplanes
    Mike

I meant Fort Wayne locally.

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiWings View Post
    I meant Fort Wayne locally.
    Exactly. Until the Kickstarter is shipped to backers, retail stores won't be getting them. Then, it will be up to you to go to your FLGS and getting them to order it in for you. They will be unlikely to bring it in on their own, being so niche a game.
    Mike

Similar Missions

1. Sightings?
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 17:33
  2. Any Sightings of WWII Planes?
    By hatfieldsinal in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 08:04