Ares Games

Thread: Valom Sopwith Pups

Default Valom Sopwith Pups

Two Valom Sopwith Pups - Lt Oliver Stewart, 54 Sqn, RFC and (with the CDL sides to the fuselage) S/Cdr Edwin Harris Dunning, HMS Furious, RNAS. If the number of cuss words are an indication of getting the hang of Valom kits, then these are my best job so far. Only one photo-etch piece pinged into who knows where - one of the tail skids, but since they were hard to distinguish from the pe joy sticks I used one of those. I thought the struts would be a nightmare but they went very smoothly.

I must acknowledge mikeemagnus who made this comment on the Official Fokker E.III thread...."Now try the Sopwith Pup Paul and if you succeed with that I reckon you will have cracked it with Valom kits." I don't know about having "cracked it with Valom kits", but I have grown somewhat fond of them....or at least I don't tremble when I open a kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valom Sopwith Pup v1 Small.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	268321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valom Sopwith Pup v2 Small.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	268320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valom Sopwith Pup v3 Small.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	268319
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 05-27-2019 at 04:28.

Very nicely done!

The "Fear Factor" around 'Valom' kits is all that - fear (mostly fear of the unusual ie PE parts).
    I felt some trepidation myself with my first pair, but since I had already used PE in 1/700 scale it wasn't nearly so bad for me as for others.

Anyone who has done a few of them loses that fear, and they become nice little models to build.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Very nicely done!

The "Fear Factor" around 'Valom' kits is all that - fear (mostly fear of the unusual ie PE parts).
    I felt some trepidation myself with my first pair, but since I had already used PE in 1/700 scale it wasn't nearly so bad for me as for others.

Anyone who has done a few of them loses that fear, and they become nice little models to build.
    Totally agree, Tim. I’m finding them no more effort than metal or 3D models when one includes prep time.

On the work bench are - Valom Albatros DV, Reviresco Albatros D.III and Sculpteo Curtis H.12 and Friedrichshafen. All of these except one of the two Valom models will need homemade decals.

Similar Missions

1. WGF SOLD: (2) Sopwith Pups and a Sopwith Triplane
    By rcboater in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2018, 19:08
  2. Modelling the Valom Sopwith Pup
    By 'Warspite' in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:55
  3. Valom Sopwith PUP
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13