Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wings of Glory Wednesdays YouTube series starting

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Nicely done Cole, the Immelmann is useful but don't forget that your rear gunner cannot fire on the cards before,during or after an Immelmann turn (check p.24 RAP rules) so you may lose shooting opportunities by using it but it can get you out of a tight spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Another good video , Cole. I like the paint scheme of the yellow and orange model, too.

The Halberstadt CL.II has one other less well known advantage. If you are playing with altitude rules, its observer's gun has a 360 degree firing arc when shooting at targets at a higher altitude. You can find that in the FAQs thread here https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ht=Halberstadt
    Excellent info guys! Thank you!

Hello everyone! On this fine Wednesday evening, I showcase my method for applying decals to Wings of Glory WW1 miniatures. Enjoy!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Felix
    Sorties Flown

Thanks buddy, that's what I'm talking about

Another fine demonstration Cole.
    I usually use warm water for the decal as it speeds up the removal from the backing.
    Also a flatter brush which I pick up the Decal with instead of getting grease from fingers onto the surface.
    Do you Matte varnish over the Decals after application of the Micro Sol?

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you for that useful video, Cole.

Thank you for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Another fine demonstration Cole.
    I usually use warm water for the decal as it speeds up the removal from the backing.
    Also a flatter brush which I pick up the Decal with instead of getting grease from fingers onto the surface.
    Do you Matte varnish over the Decals after application of the Micro Sol?

Rob.
    Thanks Rob! Usually I don't but I probably should. Do you have any products you'd recommend?

Happy late Wednesday evening all! (Or early Thursday morning for you European and Pacific folk.) Today's Wings of Glory Wednesdays episode features a two seater absolutely capable of chewing up scouts and spitting them out...the Hannover CL.IIIa!

The strength of the Hannover is not that unusual, the UfAG C.I, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter also have 16 damage points, many other tandems have 15 damage points but it is one of the toughest German types. The Immel along with the hard turns are what makes it unusual. It also has a reduced blindspot to the rear, there is no blindspot at the same level, it is effective only against targets at lower altitude, and if using altitude has a 360 arc for targets above it as do Roland C.II/C.IIa, Bristol F2B Fighter, Halberstadt CL.II. (Link)
    There has been a suggestion that it should also be able to engage targets to the front at the same level using the front arc as the blindspot (so as not to shoot the prop !) as some of them have hoops mounted on the top wing to prevent this happening.

The Bristol Fighter is probably the most effective tandem for speed, manoeuvres, strength & (potential) armament, the Hannover a very close second in my opinion.

The reason you think fire is more prevalent in the B deck is because it is - it has two fire damage cards versus the A decks one (a 1 in 22 v 1 in 35 chance); if you play with multiple decks, as many do, then you will see it more frequently than you'd like !
    Last edited by flash; 10-10-2019 at 01:55.

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you for another good video, Cole.

I agree with Dave about the Bristol Fighter and the Hannover. Anyone who has flown against 'Whispering Death' and her purple and black Roland C.II will know that it too can be a dangerous machine because of the observer's wide field of fire. The D.H.4 has the advantage that it is as fast as the fastest German fighter but it is not particularly manoeuvrable, which you would expect from a bomber.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory videos on YouTube?
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-18-2018, 13:17
  2. Wings of Glory WWI / Series VII
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 10:07
  3. Clash of Wings 13 x 49 min - WWII series on youtube
    By Lino22 in forum WGS: General Discussions