Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Glory Wednesdays YouTube series starting

Default Wings of Glory Wednesdays YouTube series starting

Hey guys! Starting this week, I'll be doing a podcast-type series on my YouTube channel about Wings of Glory WW1. Every other Wednesday, I'll upload a new episode. Things I plan to cover are individual planes, tactics, hobby news, mini painting...really anything related to the game.

Latest episode:
    Hello everyone! In this week's Wings of Glory Wednesdays episode, I look at the Austrian UFAG C.I two seater!

If you like what you see, subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss an episode! Also, if you have any topics you'd like to have featured on the series, let me know! I'm always looking for relevant content that you guys would enjoy!
    Last edited by HotleadColdfeet; 01-22-2020 at 16:37. Reason: Edited to include latest episode

Pretty good video Cole thanks for posting.

Thumbs up

Great work Cole!
    Will look forward to the series.

yesssssssssss!!!!!!!

darn i want a d7 so bad but it is so popular that in order to get it you must give an arm and a leg

can tommorrow be wednsday

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by the black devil View Post
    can tommorrow be wednsday
    I don’t think it works that way, lol! But, I do already have next week’s episode filmed.

cant wait to see more videos!!!

Good job, Cole.

Looking forward to more.

Default Excellent video...very good job

Quote Originally Posted by HotleadColdfeet View Post
    Hey guys! Starting this week, I'll be doing a podcast-type series on my YouTube channel about Wings of Glory WW1. Each Wednesday, I'll upload a new episode. Things I plan to cover are individual planes, tactics, hobby news, mini painting...really anything related to the game.

The first video is here:

If you like what you see, subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss an episode! Also, if you have any topics you'd like to have featured on the series, let me know! I'm always looking for relevant content that you guys would enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by the black devil View Post
    darn i want a d7 so bad but it is so popular that in order to get it you must give an arm and a leg
    Have you seen Clippers list Esa ?
    Post #255 p6: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...r-s-List/page6 series 2 & 2a Fok D.VII.

"He is wise who watches"

Good effort Cole - note that the X deck of the Phoenix D.I also has a non-steep 'short straight' like the L deck so it is no longer exclusive to the Fok D.VII.
    It doesn't have the short steep turns but does have the standard pair of stall cards so can do a stall;'short straight';stall move.
    Have a look at my manoeuvre breakdown doc if you want info on decks: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2043

"He is wise who watches"

Looking forward to watching the channel Cole. Always good to see content like this.

Great job explaining it!

Good work, Cole! I am looking forward to the next episode.

Excellent work on your part, Cole!

A very useful and informative pod cast Cole.
    Please keep them coming.
    Thanks Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Good effort Cole - note that the X deck of the Phoenix D.I also has a non-steep 'short straight' like the L deck so it is no longer exclusive to the Fok D.VII.
    It doesn't have the short steep turns but does have the standard pair of stall cards so can do a stall;'short straight';stall move.
    Have a look at my manoeuvre breakdown doc if you want info on decks: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2043
    Ah, good catch! And thanks for the document! I already have the next episode filmed, but it will certainly come in very handy in future ones!

I enjoyed watching the video and learning about the Fokker D VII! That was very informative.

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the series!

In the latest episode, I go over the "Ace Maker" - none other than the soon to be re-released Se5a!

Thank you Cole for another outstanding video.

Thank you for another good video, Cole. Ares latest forecast for the re-release of the S.E.5a. Pfalz D.III, Breguet BR.14 and Rumpler C.IV models is August.

Thanks keep up the videos, love them.

Great job with the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Thank you for another good video, Cole. Ares latest forecast for the re-release of the S.E.5a. Pfalz D.III, Breguet BR.14 and Rumpler C.IV models is August.
    Ah, thank-you! Can’t wait!

Another very informative and entertaining video Cole.
    As the other chaps have said, please keep posting them.
    Thanks again
    Rob.

Excellent Cole . Perfect intro for newbies using this plane.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I am really enjoying these. Thank you.

Also, I like the little tips on maneuver combos you add in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicosomething View Post
    Also, I like the little tips on maneuver combos you add in.
    Maneuver combos are part of what makes the game interesting! Glad those tips are proving useful!

In today's Wings of Glory Wednesdays episode, I go over what I think are 8 of the most highly-effective scout planes currently in the game.

Nice video on the 8 scouts, got to say I agree with your picks. My favorite two are the Nieuport 28 and Fokker EV/DVIII

Good work! Running out of superlatives.

These video clips are a must see resource for newbies and veterans as well.

Another good video, Cole. Well done!

One advantage of the Phoenix, which you overlooked is that it has two dive cards - one normal dive and the second is a short 'drop like a stone' dive.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Another good video, Cole. Well done!

One advantage of the Phoenix, which you overlooked is that it has two dive cards - one normal dive and the second is a short 'drop like a stone' dive.
    Wow! I thought that was like a misprint of an extra climb or something. That is Very Cool! Thanks for making me aware of this!

I never considered the Camel having a climb advantage until I watched this Cole. I will certainly be pulling a couple of Immelmann turns early on in my next game.
    Keep up the good work.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I never considered the Camel having a climb advantage until I watched this Cole. I will certainly be pulling a couple of Immelmann turns early on in my next game.
    Keep up the good work.
    Rob.
    It certainly is something to think about! A climb rate of 3 gives you just a little bit more leeway when throwing those Immelmanns in. If done right, it can make staying close range on your tail a bit harder for those faster climbing birds.

In today's Wings of Glory Wednesdays episode, I unbox a vintage Belgian Re8 and take a look at its capabilities on the game table. Big shout out to Evan at Rival Sky Games for sending me the Re8 for this video, BTW! That was super-generous of you, and I sincerely appreciate it.

Ahhhhhhh! Noooooo! Bending the cards by ninety degrees to free them from the shrink wrap! Nooooooooooo!
    Rip-a-clip Wasteland style in your general direction! Ramboesque contorting of lips! Diving to the attack! Ramming speed! Emptying twin Vickers! Unleashing Heat Ray! So say we all!

Nooooooooooooo..........

Edit in: And as long as I am giving you a hard time on your wonderful videos...

Gott im Himmel, it’s Immelmann!

Or the reverse mnemonic device...

I’m not I’m-melmann!
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 06-12-2019 at 18:43.

Do you always do that to your cards?!! If so I pity them.

Thank you for your latest episode, Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Ahhhhhhh! Noooooo! Bending the cards by ninety degrees to free them from the shrink wrap! Nooooooooooo!
    Rip-a-clip Wasteland style in your general direction! Ramboesque contorting of lips! Diving to the attack! Ramming speed! Emptying twin Vickers! Unleashing Heat Ray! So say we all!

Nooooooooooooo..........

Edit in: And as long as I am giving you a hard time on your wonderful videos...

Gott im Himmel, it’s Immelmann!

Or the reverse mnemonic device...

I’m not I’m-melmann!
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    Do you always do that to your cards?!! If so I pity them.
    Lol! No I don't...these were a little more supple than the Wings of Glory stuff I'm used to dealing with. They bent rather farther than I intended while taking the shrink wrap off, but are none the worse for the wear. No discernible bends to any of them.

...And I solemnly vow to get the Immelmann pronunciation right from now on. A lot of you worthy chaps probably feel like this after hearing me butcher the name for so long: I'll fix it, I promise!

...And I solemnly vow to get the Immelmann pronunciation right from now on. A lot of you worthy chaps probably feel like this after hearing me butcher the name for so long
    I'll fix it, I promise!
    Good to "hear"

The RE.8 is a must have aircraft for your inventory if you want an allied victim... I mean target !
    It could only be better at that job if it was slower, like the Albatros C.III, then it would be easier to catch. At least a Fokker Dr.1 or Albatros D.III could then run it down without making the 'Harry Tate' play lots of stalls or setting up a converging scenario. A versatile machine scenario wise, useful for bombing, recon, arty spotter, spy drops, rescues and in play from Nov 1916 to wars end. Every player should have one.

"He is wise who watches"

Another very enjoyable expose on one of our aircraft and its foibles Cole.
    I also enjoyed the banter which it promoted.
    Rob.

Well done that man, just found this, very impressive- are you open to suggested themes / ideas etc. is it a channel that the forum could help contribute to in some way?

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Good thinking Chris.
    I would think we could summon up some ideas for Cole to run with once he gets to the end of his scheduled reports. Anyone fancy a go?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Well done that man, just found this, very impressive- are you open to suggested themes / ideas etc. is it a channel that the forum could help contribute to in some way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good thinking Chris.
    I would think we could summon up some ideas for Cole to run with once he gets to the end of his scheduled reports. Anyone fancy a go?
    Indeed! I would definitely be open to suggestions!

Indeed! I would definitely be open to suggestions!
    Hi Cole, I finally got round to watching your videos and very much enjoyed them, I've been playing the game a bit over a year, all solo so no one's brain to pick about how somethings worked. You kept mentioning altitude and rate of climb and it seemed important in how you evaluated a plane. Playing solo, I'm using the various AI systems available and it's possible for them to use altitude but tends to be in response to what I do. I haven't found using altitude or rate of climb brings anything to my games, it slows things down a lot and there are more rules to forget but I don't really see the requirement for it to make the game better.

Sorry to be so long winded but I would very much like to see some videos on tactics in general but especially why altitude and climb rate would be an advantage I believe once there is a certain altitude band difference between planes they can't fire at each other anyway.

By the way I thought your Fokker Vll was spectacular, very well done with the stripe/chevrons on it.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory videos on YouTube?
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-18-2018, 13:17
  2. Wings of Glory WWI / Series VII
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 10:07
  3. Clash of Wings 13 x 49 min - WWII series on youtube