Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.K. Games Expo, NEC Birmingham 31/5 to 2/6

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    SOG is one of the games being played today
    With Captain Boney at the helm, by the look of it.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

BSG won two awards at UKGE - Judges award and People’s Choice award for best new miniatures range
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

More good news! No more nasty cases of Asteroids I trust.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    SOG is one of the games being played today
    The chaps on the Anchorage may be interested in that Dave, if you would care to let them know.
    rob.

I didn't reaslise until just now that it was Captain Duff that was running the games, so I expect he will post a full dispatch there sometime soon

Nor I until you mention it here Dave. When I spoke to him on Thursday he was only intending to visit Ares as a spokesperson for the Anchorage and Drome. He must have made some impression then.
    Rob.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Just happened to catch 'footage' of Ares's booth at the convention, and it was great to see Chris(Boney 10) at the helm of the Sails table! Fame andthe spotlight suit him well

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Just happened to catch 'footage' of Ares's booth at the convention, and it was great to see Chris(Boney 10) at the helm of the Sails table! Fame andthe spotlight suit him well

All the best,
    Matt
    And that is the main reason that I made him my Captain of the Fleet Matt. he is indispensable for organist our presence at the shows.
    Rob.

Back at home after a couple of days seconded to the Ares stand at this years UK Games Expo, what an experience it was. Good to meet the New Uk rep for Ares as well as Roberto and others from Ares.
    Was involved helping run the BSG massive game Sat morning then spent the rest of the day running the WGS table.
    This year I was told there would be no WGF or SGN games , however when I arrived Sunday an extra table had been seconded and I spent the whole day showing Sails, hurrah.... dont tell Tim.
    A long and tiring weekend but well worth it, picked up the new BSG box set as well as a couple of WGF reprints, saw the Tripods, lovely in the flesh so looking forward again to getting, also saw the new bombers for WGS and the reprints of the next series for WGF, the SE5 and Phalz.
    Was great to again see WGF and WGS in numbers on shelves and for sale at appropriate prices and not silly money.will go into a bit more detail later.

Thanks for upholding the reputation of the Drome and Anchorage Chris. I look forward to hearing the full SP when you have had a well earned rest.
    Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Games Expo 2017.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-15-2017, 04:25
  2. 3rd-5th June: Games Expo, Birmingham NEC.
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 09:31
  3. Games Expo 2015 Birmingham 29 to 31 May
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 03:27
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 11:00
  5. UK Games Expo 2013
    By Cobra in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1