Thread: Warfare 2019: November 16 & 17, Reading

Default Warfare 2019: November 16 & 17, Reading

https://wargamesreading.co.uk/warfare/

Rivermead Leisure Centre
    Richfield Ave
    Reading
    Berkshire
    RG1 8EQ

The Drome normally has a presence at Warfare, which in the past Chris (Boney10) has coordinated. However Chris isn’t definitely going to be able to make it this year and unfortunately the same looks to be true for myself, so we need a volunteer to organise things if we are to have a table (or tables) in November.

Any takers? Appreciate that this is six months away, but With a show this popular we need to express interest sooner rather than later.

- Neil.

Cannot say at this time Neil. I'll try and make it, but shall wait for some time before commiting. If I can make it, I'm happy to provide all the kit. Meanwhile its in the diary.

Sorry, coming back from Iceland on the 17th so cannot help. (Go to Warfare every year, so p***-poor planning on my part )
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I am available, but only a veteran of 4 shows so far. I can definitely attend and am willing to volunteer if needed. I have enough planes etc.

I'm your Huckleberry!

What do I need to do?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Tim

It would appear the contact email address is demogames@wargamesreading.co.uk. Probably just need to ping them an email saying we'd like our normal table please and see what they say. I’m assuming the proposal is just to do Wings unless someone else is stepping up to do Sails?

- Neil.

Will look forward to it

Might be able to do one day - will have to see, fractionally closer that it used to be.

"He is wise who watches"

I should be ok for this for one day, I just need to check which day i can make it. But I'm guessing the Saturday

I'm not going to be able to hlep at this one due to having to go up to Scotland to help my mum.

Sorry folks

We don't have a table confirmed for this show, for the first time in many years.

The "new" organiser has massively increased the Tournament side of things, at the expense of Participation and Demo games.

My last email from him said that he "cannot yet confirm" whether we have a table, and he will let us know.

Since then, deafening silence, and further enquiries have not been answered.

I will try again to contact him, but the show is so close now that I'm guessing no one will be available to go, anyway.

Fingers crossed, but I don't hold out much hope...………..

I'm guessing no one will be available to go, anyway.
    Yep, sorry - I've now got other things on involving family, so I wouldn't be able to make it even if they give the green light. Shame that

oh well, maybe I'll get a quiet weekend to tend the alpacas instead

I can probably help on the Saturday if this goes ahead.

Well, as far as I can tell, "Warfare" is off from a 'Wings' point of view

The website has no mention of us, no table allocated, and yet another email, sent yesterday, has gone unanswered.
    I checked with Chris (Boney10) who was also pursuing this show for us - he has had no replies either.

It is now too close time-wise for us to be able to assemble the required 4+ crew to run a table, even if one were to be allocated to us at this late stage.

Scuttlebutt is that others have also been stonewalled on the communication Front - the new organiser guy has certainly not covered himself in glory!

I will be attending the show anyway, as a punter (I had secured the weekend off work in anticipation!) and will gauge the mood as well as review the uptake of all the table space by all the new expected Tournament players.

It'll actually be quite nice to tour all the Traders in a relaxed manner, instead of having to rush back to our table!

I have asked for us to be considered for NEXT year, but we'll have to see how well their new Tournament set-up plays out.

Thanks for the offers of help, but we can sit this one out and relax instead.

What a shame. Fingers crossed for a triumphant return next year.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

The organiser has FINALLY replied, stating that a 6' x 10' table has "just become available owing to a group dropping out"

I'm pretty sure it is too late to accept, but feel that I should pass on the opportunity in case enough people strongly wish for us to attend.

We would need three CONFIRMED attendees to step up by tomorrow, Sunday, evening in order to make this viable.
    If three 'Dromers do step up, then I will be the 4th and will accept the booking.

If not, then I will contact the organiser to confirm that we will not be accepting this last-minute offer.

I can make Saturday

I am happy to do Saturday as well.

Still in Iceland :-(
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I’ll be attending the show on Saturday anyway and could help out for a game or two but can’t commit for all day as I’m dependant on the driver for arrival and departure times.

Yellow Peril will be with me and he’s willing to help out in a couple of games too if that helps.

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

We didn't manage to get 4 participants covering the whole of either day, so we can stand down.
    3 would be a stretch, and if anyone had a real-life interruption that would leave the others too short-handed.
    As Rob says, if we present games under the official "Wings of Glory" banner, we must be sure to put on a high quality participation event to live up to our reputation.

I will contact the organiser and inform him.

Thanks again
    Tim

Sorry to hear that it is cancelled.
    I will be there on Saturday after many changes to my plans, so will have to spend lots of money on the stalls instead.

Similar Missions

1. Warfare, Reading 14/15 November
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 00:18
  2. Warfare Reading November 15 & 16
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 06:39
  3. Warfare Reading 16 & 17 November
    Replies: 36