Ares Games

Thread: BSG Play Test - Raptor and Heavy Raider, 18 May 2019

Default BSG Play Test - Raptor and Heavy Raider, 18 May 2019

So, Shane [Skyguy001] wants a rematch.

BSG Play Test - Raptor and Heavy Raider, 11 May 2019

We'll see how this works out, now that I have more than four Control Panels....

PS: I have 11 ships to fly, now, with the Starter Set, two Raiders and two Vipers from the latest release, and three playtest proto-type ships (Mk.VII Viper, a Raptor and a Heavy Raider).

Raptor and Heavy Raider - Link: May 2019 Workbench - Post #44

Viper Mk.VII proto-type (An autographed gift from Andrea-PragueCon 2019):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BSG_ViperMk.VII_Crop_IMG_20190419_103358.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	268002
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-17-2019 at 21:44.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

OK, so this outing was with Shane [Skyguy001] flying the Toasters, but just Raiders, and I took the Colonials, with a Viper and a Raptor. It was while setting up that I decided to try out the special rule for DRADIS Jamming, if I could. I didn't tell Shane that, though.

Shane is on the far side, and I am in the bottom of the image. No clutter (asteriods) for this game, just flying and shooting:

Name:	<acronym title=BSG Game-Set-up.jpg  Views: 23  Size: 162.5 KB  ID: 268076" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

This is just after we got into gun range. One of Shane's Raiders on the top left, but out of firing arc. I did jam this ship successfully, but it didn't matter this turn. The Raptor doing the jamming was under the Viper in the center, heading up to the right corner. My Viper is heading in the same direction, but rotated, and got a double '5' roll, in short range. The shot blew the Raider up:

Name:	DoubleHit.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	268077

End of the game, showing the accumulated damage. Shane had tried to concentrate damage on the Raptor, and his first hit reduced my Raptor to Acceleration 2, and we rolled to see which of the crew took the hit. The ECM Operator was taken out, so no more Jamming. The last shots on the Viper wounded the pilot, and gave an additional "1", but still flying. Shane, however, drew the "3" and an additional "5", to destroy the Raider:

Name:	TheEnd.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	268078
    The Raptor missed his shot, even with a +2.

FYI: Current Jamming rules are tentative, but if successful (be in a certain range, and a roll is required), the target ship can't shoot at enemy ships except at short range. I wasn't successful more than once. I can see a 'Talent-Activity' coming...

PS: I have 11 ships, but only 8 stands. Darn. I'm going to need a fix for this at PhenomaCon in Victoria.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. BSG Play Test - Raptor and Heavy Raider, 11 May 2019
    By OldGuy59 in forum BSG: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 06:16
  2. **** Cole Last Doolittle raider dies
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-11-2019, 20:06
  3. National: Doolittle Raider's Birthday
    By Jago85 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0