Ares Games

Thread: WWI Decals, 1/144 Scale

Default WWI Decals, 1/144 Scale

Help, please.

I have run out of late WWI German cross decals (I also need USAS decals), and cant seem to find what I' looking for on ebay. Does anyone have a good source of WWI 1/144 scale decals to recommend? Dom's seems to be on hiatus, with no posted return date.

Chris Maes

Aerodrome Accessories - 1/144 Decals - German Crosses

PS: or this guy: Kevin [miscmini]

Hmmm... No USAS decals here: miscmini.com - World War 1 1/144 Scale Decals

So, PM Kevin, and ask. He did up my Nieuport 17 decals for the PragueCon 2019 Vimy Ridge plane set I used and was part of the Lend-Lease Raffle #3. Link: Wings of Prague Lend-Lease Raffle #3 - Vimy Ridge Scenario Airplanes
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-16-2019 at 21:58.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

"Shed Decals" are available here -> http://www.the-one-true-scale.co.uk/

Their German crosses sheet contains Early and Late war crosses, plus lots of mid-war.
    The crosses are two-part; a sheet of pure white crosses, and one of jet black. You place the white cross first, then, when fixed, you add the black cross on top of it.

If you want to see what the sheet looks like, go here -> https://www.btowstore.com/epages/BT4...s__Accessories
    but DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUY FROM THIS SITE - it takes your money, but fails to deliver; just use the site for viewing the various decal sheets.
    I believe there is one for USAS (I can't access these sites from work - I.T. blocker! )

Alternatively, go to Kevin Hammond at Miscellaneous Miniatures, as recommended above.
    He has just done several sets of awesome Early War German decals for me, to my own specifications, and his service is fast, friendly and faultless!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Are the advertised Aerodrome decals still available?

Check with Kevin. I mentioned he only had decals for the US Navy planes for Viet Nam. Well a few weeks later there were 2 sets for the USAF. Then I mentioned THAI AF decals for WWII and now I have the sets required for that. To paraphrase a quote from Field of Dreams If you ask for it they will come.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2017, 16:07
  2. DB-3 and IL-4 decals 1/200 scale
    By miscmini in forum Soviet Union
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2017, 18:33
  3. Bf-110c and Do-17z 1/200 scale decals
    By miscmini in forum Germany
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2017, 15:44
  4. Replies: 5