Ares Games

Thread: Do you need to keep track of the G-Value in your Movement in the Complete Game?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Elmslie
    Sorties Flown

Default Do you need to keep track of the G-Value in your Movement in the Complete Game?

Greetings,

I know that in the Quick Start Game your total G-Value in a Maneuver cannot exceed Four but does this rule still apply when playing the Complete Game?

If that's the case, than I have a follow up question, say, in a turn, I use a Medium speed maneuver with an Over-Boost Card at Speed 3 and both cards have a G-Value of 2, do I add my total Speed value together with the G-force printed on the two Maneuver Cards to make the calculation or are Speed and G-force calculated separately?
    Last edited by Elmslie; 05-13-2019 at 13:36.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adam
    Sorties Flown

Yes, the limit of four still applies (unless you're using the "Nimble Pilot" talent which allows for five).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmslie View Post
    Greetings,

I know that in the Quick Start Game your total G-Value in a Maneuver cannot exceed Four but does this rule still apply when playing the Complete Game?

If that's the case, than I have a follow up question, say, in a turn, I use a Medium speed maneuver with an Over-Boost Card at Speed 3 and both cards have a G-Value of 2, do I add my total Speed value together with the G-force printed on the two Maneuver Cards to make the calculation or are Speed and G-force calculated separately?
    G rating and Kinetic Energy are separate, and not tracked together. The G rating is a ship structure limit, not to be exceeded, unless with a Talent, as mentioned by Adam.

Kinetic Energy is the engine capability on your ship, and the ability to accelerate and decelerate. When you get into the Heavy Raiders and Raptors, if published with their playtest ratings, you will have ships that start games with Acceleration ratings of 2 and 3.

The Heavy Raiders and Raptors are really restricted in what they can do, and they will also have maneuver cards with depressing G ratings. The playtest version of the Heavy Raider has a "Change Direction" card with a 3G rating! So, pretty much restricted to straight maneuvers coming out of rotations. Note: I say that because straights are 0G and some shallow turns are 1G. No fancy stuff for Heavy Raiders coming out of Rotations.

Additionally, when using ships with special damage, or low Acceleration ratings, you have to watch your Kinetic Energy going into Rotation situations. If you aren't careful, you can't use a Change Direction card to leave the rotated status, because you can't decelerate to 3 or less, regardless of the G rating. In this case, you have to spend a turn to rotate your ship to face the same direction in which you were drifting, then plan whatever maneuver you want, to keep within your Acceleration rating.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-13-2019 at 22:15.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Elmslie
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Yes, the limit of four still applies (unless you're using the "Nimble Pilot" talent which allows for five).
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    G rating and Kinetic Energy are separate, and not tracked together. The G rating is a ship structure limit, not to be exceeded, unless with a Talent, as mentioned by Adam.

Kinetic Energy is the engine capability on your ship, and the ability to accelerate and decelerate. When you get into the Heavy Raiders and Raptors, if published with their playtest ratings, you will have ships that start games with Acceleration ratings of 2 and 3.

The Heavy Raiders and Raptors are really restricted in what they can do, and they will also have maneuver cards with depressing G ratings. The playtest version of the Heavy Raider has a "Change Direction" card with a 3G rating! So, pretty much restricted to straight maneuvers coming out of rotations. Note: I say that because straights are 0G and some shallow turns are 1G. No fancy stuff for Heavy Raiders coming out of Rotations.

Additionally, when using ships with special damage, or low Acceleration ratings, you have to watch your Kinetic Energy going into Rotation situations. If you aren't careful, you can't use a Change Direction card to leave the rotated status, because you can't decelerate to 3 or less, regardless of the G rating. In this case, you have to spend a turn to rotate your ship to face the same direction in which you were drifting, then plan whatever maneuver you want, to keep within your Acceleration rating.
    Thank you.

Similar Missions

1. Homebrew Altitude Track (Mockup)
    By mleaman in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-01-2022, 10:32
  2. California Anyone know where to get the P Movement Deck
    By Legendmaker in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 06:31
  3. Keeping track of 'secret' special damage.
    By brdavis in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 08:33
  4. Scale of the game, movement
    By BlackSpy in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 08:09
  5. WGF Trying to complete my set...Need Brumowski and West Game Mat.
    By Biomage in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 19:18