Ares Games

Thread: Hello from West TN (near west KY)

Default Hello from West TN (near west KY)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to miniature/war gaming. I picked up the BSG starter set a few months ago since small 2- or 4-player dog-fights fit how I usually play board games. I moved recently and haven't found anyone to play the game with just yet. I found this site from a link in the BGG forums, and I'm interested in putting together an AI system so I can actually go hunt Scar (or maybe have Scar hunt a viper or two). The mechanics of a game interest me just as much as the game play, and you guys have quite a selection of player aides. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Hi, Scott.
    I'm not very close, being out on Vancouver Island, in Canada. About as West as you can get, without being in Alaska.

There is an AI system in the BGG Files section, that looks like it might work well. You might give it a try.

Link: BGG - Cylon Raider Solo AI - Basic

Hope you enjoy the Forum and the camaraderie here. Even more, I hope you find a few players nearby. The game is pretty awesome.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Scott, from here across the Atlantic in the United Kingdom. There is much on this site of interest to Wings of Glory players. In the Files section there are rules for solo play of the World War 1 and 2 versions of the game but with the Battlestar Galactica version being comparatively new, I do not think that anyone has submitted rules for solo play in that setting yet. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful, so do feel free to ask questions about the game.

Smile

G'day Scott & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    May I suggest you try out Wings of Glory in WW1. Lots of fun & some stunning aircraft to play with.
    Check out the Solo Games we play in Over the Trenches down in the WW1 Campaign section as that will give you an idea of that game & our use of the AI charts for WW1
    I dont think anyone has done charts for BSG yet.

Hi Scott. Although I am the only one in our group to have the game I can see it has a lot of potential. Looking forward to your input.

Default Welcome

Hi Scott welcome to the 'Drome' from over the pond here in the good old UK. I don't do BSG but can recommend Wings of Glory to you. Great game with fantastic support from this forum.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

welcome to the drome Scott!!!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Scott.

Welcome to the Drome. Don't know how far a drive it is for you to Columbus, Ohio but Mid June is the Origins Game Fair. There will be lots of Wings of Glory Gaming. On the way home you can swing through Air Force Museum and enjoy all they have to share.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Scott. Hopefully you'll find some locals to play with. As Jim mentioned, think about Origins in June. We have an absolute blast there.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Scott!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hello Scott!!! Welcome to the group!!!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here a little northeast of you.

In addition to solo play that Old Guy mentioned, and Origins coming up, try and see if there are local clubs and/or gaming conventions near you.
    In fact, https://www.meeplemountain.com/artic...e-conventions/ gives both Tennessee Game Days and Nashville Tabletop Day just past, but presumably they will be one at roughly the same time next year, so the links are: http://tngamedays.com/ and https://www.meeplemountain.com/nashville-tabletop-day/ respectively. HTH.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've made your way here, Scott! The BSG section is growing at a good pace - Mike/OldGuy59 has done tons to jump-start things and is our resident expert in all things BSG. As others have said, should the opportunity arise, give Wings of Glory WW1 a go - lots of fun planes to fly and you will find the game system easy to pick up. Lots of great info and fellowship here at your fingertips

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Keep you eye on the sky around the West Midlands
    By Malibumax in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2015, 04:50
  2. California heading west
    By sctodd in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 02:52