Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 126 of 126

Thread: May 2019 Workbench

  1. #101

    Default

    Mike you didn't have to go through all that trouble but much appreciated. BTW the wife is Thai and had to explain that to me. I didn't realize the difference.

  2. #102

    Default

    tNot planes or ships, but with the nice weather, and being on vacation, I took the opportunity to get started on repairing the front garden.
    I found out that:
    I'm not young anymore;
    My car is not a utility truck nor SUV, and does not like cinder blocks! (no damage though)
    I would have gotten the rest of the second course done, but my luck with caulking guns holds true, and I blew through the back of the
    adhesive tube with more than a third left in it


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd course half done 03.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	267970
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd course half done 02.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	267971
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  3. #103

    Default

    Might need a bit more info before we make a card request . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_182100.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	267986

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    tNot planes or ships, but with the nice weather, and being on vacation, I took the opportunity to get started on repairing the front garden.
    I found out that:
    I'm not young anymore;




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd course half done 02.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	267971
    Should have got yourself one of these Karl.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7572.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	267989

    With the extension now finished we are working on the inside.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7707.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	267990


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7708.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	267991

    The kitchen fitter starts on second week in June.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	267992

    Then we look at the garden around the foundations, and start relaying the paths and hard standing.
    Fancy a holiday over here in say July Karl.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  5. #105

    Default

    Good to see the 1:1 modelling going on here, Karl and Rob! My SWMBO would approve... - my 'Honey-Do' list always has some 1:1 scale activities...

    Keep up the good work!

    All the best,
    Matt

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Should have got yourself one of these Karl.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7572.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	267989

    With the extension now finished we are working on the inside.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7707.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	267990


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7708.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	267991

    The kitchen fitter starts on second week in June.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	267992

    Then we look at the garden around the foundations, and start relaying the paths and hard standing.
    Fancy a holiday over here in say July Karl.
    Rob.
    To be fair, your "model" had a lot more digging than mine
    I just had to trench the line for the blocks; the corner at the end was to reduce the digging needed.
    And if I could show up in July, I surely would!

    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  7. #107

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    9,704
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    The strange thing is: since Rob dug that trench nobody has seen Mrs Kyte.......
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  8. #108

    Default

    What a great project, Rob! It will really make your winter seasons cosy!
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  9. #109

    Dawn Patrol's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Bruce
    Location
    California
    Sorties Flown
    194
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Attachment 267176
    Then it came to me: Fokker Gulf ET.XL. One quick concept drawing later...now I just have to get my eyes to see that small again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3AEEF408-117A-4A3D-B133-978FC1A9887A.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	268083

    The magnifiers have arrived! Much prefer this open style to the more hooded one I had years ago. Something this small, I just used a hand brush, but for the base coat, I think I could have justified getting out the air brush. Takes a lot of white paint to lighten the already fairly light blue I had (Liquitex Brilliant Blue). The paint looks darker in the photo then it does actually sitting in front of me (iPad). Did like the visible beams from the magnifier light. Gonna watch the Indy qualifying then back for the orange.

    Edit in: And the bottom three qualifiers are done (Fernando was eliminated!), and now the top nine, but got the orange on....and since the original drawing isnít coming through, letís swap out the photo I just used for the reference look...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E059F77-CAF2-4DFD-A1D1-ECD9A4701343.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	268085
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C51157BF-AC38-4F3C-9C3C-8561D64CC9DF.jpg  
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 05-19-2019 at 14:29.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Might need a bit more info before we make a card request . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190516_182100.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	267986
    Source?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  11. #111

    Default

    1901 World's Fair . . . Trip to the moon . . . Will look into it . . .

  12. #112

    Default

    How about the Vincent Price movie Master of the World.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8vtndLrg

    Looks like Wings meets Sails

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    1901 World's Fair . . . Trip to the moon . . . Will look into it . . .
    Heart of Coney Island.com - Luna Park

    The description of 'A Trip to the Moon at the Buffalo World's Fair (1901)' is near the top of the page.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5beuyEX.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	268088

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17ocmuesdgmn.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	268089
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  14. #114

    Default

    Wow! Must have been quite an experience! Love that era, enjoyed the movie too! Now back to the dam project!

  15. #115

    Default

    Just in from the '60's! The Migs that came in out of the monsoons! Ready for some jet action?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_161354.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	268152

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_161346.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	268153

  16. #116

    Default

    So after watching a video on youtube about papermache and finding these papermache eggs at the craft store and finding a balloon mold made by the elves a few years ago .
    . any one tried such foolishness? Hmmmmm

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_172153.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	268155

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Just in from the '60's! The Migs that came in out of the monsoons! Ready for some jet action?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_161354.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	268152

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_161346.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	268153
    Cards in the Post-WWII section for F-86s and Mig-15s: Scale for Post-WWII - Post #25

    The only cards done for this section have been Korean War, so far as I know. No missiles was the consensus last I looked, so not yet doing Vietnam War planes.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  18. #118

    Default

    Just completed - a Reviresco Pfalz D.IIIa - Ltn Alois Heldmann, Jasta 10

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reviresco Pfalz DIIIa v2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	268175

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reviresco Pfalz DIIIa v4.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	268174

  19. #119

    Default

    Battle weary. Nice paintjob!
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Battle weary. Nice paintjob!
    Likely over-painting the decal contributed to the battle weariness.

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Cards in the Post-WWII section for F-86s and Mig-15s: Scale for Post-WWII - Post #25

    The only cards done for this section have been Korean War, so far as I know. No missiles was the consensus last I looked, so not yet doing Vietnam War planes.
    Don't fret Mike we have tons of fun yet to have. Some quiet afternoon some one will map out some game rules, meanwhile we have the aircraft in patient hangers!

  22. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Battle weary. Nice paintjob!
    Love the "look" of these planes, far from sanitized perfection like there never was. Having wiped castor oil off of replica SE5's and DRI's as a kid, I can attest the real things are a bit more characterized like these! Love them! Well done Paul!

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Love the "look" of these planes, far from sanitized perfection like there never was. Having wiped castor oil off of replica SE5's and DRI's as a kid, I can attest the real things are a bit more characterized like these! Love them! Well done Paul!
    Thanks, David.

  24. #124

    Default

    Dave are those F-TOYS models ? I have a camo Mig 17 and that's what I based my paint jobs on. Going to work on the F-105's this weekend.

  25. #125

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,208
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Thought it had just laid an egg!

    Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    So after watching a video on youtube about papermache and finding these papermache eggs at the craft store and finding a balloon mold made by the elves a few years ago .
    . any one tried such foolishness? Hmmmmm

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_172153.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	268155
    See you on the Dark Side......

  26. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Dave are those F-TOYS models ? I have a camo Mig 17 and that's what I based my paint jobs on. Going to work on the F-105's this weekend.
    Indeed they are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Missions

  1. What's on your November Workbench?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 11-30-2018, 21:16
  2. What's on your workbench----AUG
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 21:39
  3. The OTHER workbench . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 04:30
  4. WGF What's on your workbench this February?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 16:20
  5. The Workbench
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 22:58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •