Ares Games

Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi all, I’ve only just discovered wings of glory a few weeks ago at a local games store and picked up a set. Looking to play missions in the Bishop Auckland/Darlington area to get a few flights in and get used to the game. Hopefully I will meet up with some other players soon.

Bobster19

Hi Bob, welcome to the 'Drome!

WW1 or WW2? (or why not both? )

Hope you get stuck into some action soon. Any questions you may have, ask away!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'drome Bob from a windy Dorset this afternoon, hope you get some games in soon.

"He is wise who watches"

Just trying to find somewhere that sells WW1 models, most places in the UK I’ve tried are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bobster19 View Post
    Just trying to find somewhere that sells WW1 models, most places in the UK I’ve tried are out of stock.
    'Tis sad but true at the moment - we're all waiting for the reprint of series one and series four but if you don't mind second hand take a look at the links:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...31065-For-Sale
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...r-s-List/page6

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Bob, from here near Norwich. There is much on this website to add to your enjoyment of this game, so have a good look around, particularly at the Files section. Also, please feel free to ask questions about the game. You will find thatthe people here are very friendly and helpful.

Games Lore have some WW1 and WW2 planes in stock. Have a look at https://www.gameslore.com/cgi-bin/ss...O&ACTION=Go%21

Zatu Games also have some in stock. Have a look at https://www.board-game.co.uk/page/1/...t_type=product

Some prices online can be ridiculously high (in my opinion) because some models are a number of years old and no longer available in stores. So shop around and compare prices.

Hi Bob, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

A formal welcome to you Bob on behalf of all the Squadrons based here in the UK.
    I am sure that if you PM Neil, Skafloc, he will tell you all about the action in the North East.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Bob,
    welcome to the madness of the 'Drome.

Not a lot happening in the north east per se, but we do have the UKWing annual bash at Doncaster in September.

You'll find all the info here;

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...Doncaster-2019

Not sure if anyone at the Durham club still play Wings, not sure hw close you are to them either but worth a look.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask, pm or post on the forum. There is always someone to point you in the right direction.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

And a welcome to you, Bob, from the South West of England. Enjoy

Another South wester here, welcome Bob. I've been playing the game for just over a year and I'm really enjoying it.

Rob

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Bob from down here in wet and Sunny West Yorkshire. It's been a strange old day. Fly safe and always watch your six!
    Last edited by Rebel; 04-28-2019 at 15:32. Reason: Double key hit.

Welcome Bob from Adelaide.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 04-29-2019 at 10:11.

Welcome to the 'drome, Bob, from presently sunny Vancouver Island. You should be able to meet up with a few players on your island.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

A bit of a belated welcome to you from here in Bristol

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Bob. ENJOY!!!

"Better late than never' as 'they' say ..
    Welcome from Portland, Oregon, Bob

Smile

G'day Bob & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

If you are getting desperate check out the Aerodrome Store listed up on the Home Page.
    It is run by Keith Upton who own's the site. He has good prices but the freight from the US is a bit pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by bobster19 View Post
    Hi all, I’ve only just discovered wings of glory a few weeks ago at a local games store and picked up a set. Looking to play missions in the Bishop Auckland/Darlington area to get a few flights in and get used to the game. Hopefully I will meet up with some other players soon.

Bobster19
    Hi there Bob, welcome aboard. Not sure of the range of your fuel tanks but a bunch of us will be at the Partizan show in Newark on May 19th. Straight down the A1 from you (couple of hours I would estimate) would be great to see you there

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Google maps says approx 140 miles from Durham (2hrs 24 mins)

welcome to the drome Bob!!!

It’s been a while since I first posted anything on here but are there any player’s in the south west Durham area? Looking for some games after viewing the lads at Vapnartak today.

Apologies Bob, did you introduce yourself? I must have missed that, sorry I didn’t get a chance to say hello formally.

Welcome to the board! Happy flying :-)

Bob, try Midlam Miniatures, Gateshead. They still had a few minis on the shelf.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome the Aerodrome, Bob! Hope you have a great time on this site!

Bienvenue from Brittany in the EU.

Know Durham and BA well as being born in Gods city ( well town as it was when I was born) of Sunderland.
    Neil (Skafloc) is a great guy even if he is from North of the Wear.
    Beware Wings can be addictive and a hole in your pocket if you let it, but you can have great fun with just a couple of planes for both sides fighting it out.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Users Country Flag

Name
    Roy
    Sorties Flown

I'm at Catterick Garrison and have models for WW1 (never played a game though ).

I know of players for WW2 in the Guisborough (Old Guard Wargames Club - meets at Billingham or Scruton) and Redcar (Old Guard / Redcar Ironbeards) area.
    Do you have any contact with the Prince Bishops Wargames Club? There could be players amongst them - don't know where they meet, but can put you in touch.

There's quite a few old timers (sorry Boney ) et al) who have passed through those parade ground and are established members of the Drome.
    so happy flying over Scotch Corner

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Thanks mate I will have a look.

Similar Missions

1. 2013 Origins member's tribute to 2014 member one
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:37
  2. New member
    By TALLY HO in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 22