Ares Games

Thread: Time in the Valley

Default Time in the Valley

Hi All,

I'm in the Shenandoah Valley for the week. Next two nights I'll be in Staunton, then two nights in Roanoke, any must see museums, shops, gaming around?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Hi All,

I'm in the Shenandoah Valley for the week. Next two nights I'll be in Staunton, then two nights in Roanoke, any must see museums, shops, gaming around?

Peter
    Hi Peter,
    If you can get down there, Lexington, Va. is packed with history -- Robert E. Lee is buried on the campus of Washington & Lee University (along with his horse Traveller) and there is a good museum there as well -- the whole complex is essentially a shrine to the Confederacy (battle flags and all).
    Also in Lexington is the Stonewall Jackson home and burial site, as well as the Virginia Military Academy campus and museum (Stonewall Jackson was a minister and professor of artillery there, a number of WWII U.S. generals were associated with the school). Further North in the Valley is the New Market Battlefield and museum where the VMI cadets made their famous charge against the Union army-- fun place to visit as well. There are also many sites associated with Jackson's valley campaign --the campaign is still taught in military strategy classes around the world.
    Enjoy your time in the Valley,
    Bill
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 04-24-2019 at 09:11. Reason: thumbs...I'm all thumbs...

Similar Missions

1. Hi from the Hunter Valley
    By Mat in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 15:51
  2. Balloons over the Valley
    By Albert Ross in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 23:39
  3. Valley Flight AAR 7-18
    By Albert Ross in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8