Ares Games

Thread: thanks

Flieger.Brock

Default thanks

Hi guys. I thought I'd follow up from the welcome email received and introduce myself.

I go as Brian Brockman, and I come under the ''mature'' age range.. hate the word 'old' :-)

I have not gamed in years, and now as I work evenings It became hard to get to local clubs, as a WW2 reenactor which portray a unit of the FJR3, this caused me to order a JU 52 in 1/200 my plan is to buy a load of these and paint up for different units

I like to super detail models and buy a range of axis/ allied aircraft so we can have a few rounds at shows after the public has gone home

I live in leicestershire and hopefully once my aircraft numbers have been built up i may find a like minded member fairly local to have a bash with some weekends etc,

any way I'll post a few pics of models once done

thanks for the ad :-)

Brian,
    Welcome to the 'drome, if I haven't already done it elsewhere. From not so sunny Vancouver Island, Canada!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the 'drome Brian from sunny Dorset this morning - I'm sure our WW2 chaps in the midlands will be along to say hello before too long.

"He is wise who watches"

It is great to be able to welcome a new pilot from so close to my Home County Brian.
    Flight Leader for Leics is JohnBiggles. he can put you in touch with any other members in your area.
    meantime fly safe and have fun.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

No problem Brian and again welcome to the game1

welcome to the drome brian!!! i look forward to the eventual posting of your crete campaign pics lol!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Brian, from here near Norwich. If you have any questions about the game, please do not be afraid to ask. You will find the people here are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome, Brian, from the left side of North America in Portland, Oregon.

Welcome from the south west Brian. Enjoy

Welcome from sunny Wiltshire.

Hi Brian, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thumbs up

Welcome to the 'drome Brian on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Welcome from Doncaster... check out the details of our annual gathering you would be most welcome

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hello Brian and welcome from Adelaide Australia. Do not worry about age here. Quite a few of us are mature players. I like it that you are into JU52's although I am not sure what scenarios there are for that particular aircraft.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Brian!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Flieger.Brock

Default thanks to you all for the great welcome

title says it all. but once again thanks guys :-)

Welcome to the Aerodrome Brian from the rainy foggy forests of Maine.

Flieger.Brock

i'm thinking a flight has to be protected from allied fighters, with big points given for shooting for down ju 52's, landing on allied airfield with ''gm'' controlled allied aa units, etc etc, although new to game i do intend to build up fighters and bombers, tante ju's are my main modeling love hence my doing those first :-)

Hi Brian, welcome to the Flight!
    I have been known to organise games on a Saturday afternoon up in NW Leics, and there are a couple of game shops in the county or near the borders which occasionally run Saturday games.
    I'll PM you with some more info

Lest we forget

Flieger.Brock

cool thank you :-)