Ares Games

Thread: new member introduction

Cuchulann

Default new member introduction

Hi Everyone,

Just introducing myself as I am totally new to Wings of Glory. I had my first few games yesterday and fell in love with the game so I bought the WW2 Battle of Britain set. Hopefully will be playing again tonight and for many years to come.

I am based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.

Regards Steve.

Welcome Steve and greetings from a chilly Space Coast. Have fun and don’t forget to check out the files section. You willl be there for days!

Welcome to the 'Drome, Steve!

We are a regular fixture @ WMMS (West Midlands Model Show) every March, right on your doorstep. Just too late for this year .

Later we're @ "Barrage" in Stafford on July 7th, and probably @ "Wargamer" in Birmingham on Dec 1st (still recruiting for that one though).

Pop along and dive in - we always welcome new victims (I mean 'players' ).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

And if you havde questions, just ask around, someone's sure to have the answer.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Steve. ENJOY!!!

Welcome from the South West Steve. Happy hunting

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Steve, from here near Norwich.

Hi Steve.
    Welcome on behalf of the Squadrons based here in the U.K.
    Did you try to sign on twice as we have two similar applications, one under the name of SDWylde88 which I have cancelled.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

We are a regular fixture @ WMMS (West Midlands Model Show) every March, right on your doorstep. Just too late for this year .

Later we're @ "Barrage" in Stafford on July 7th, and probably @ "Wargamer" in Birmingham on Dec 1st (still recruiting for that one though).

Bien venue Steve from Brittany. Tim forgot to mention the Doncaster Con in September at the South Yorksire aircraft museum, just an hour or so away from you on a traffic free M1

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Steve from West Yorkshire. Fly safe and always watch your six!
    Last edited by Rebel; 04-17-2019 at 16:04. Reason: Grammar

welcome to the drome Steve!!!!!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Steve, from Boston Lincolnshire

Hi Steve, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'drome Steve from sunny Dorset good to have you in the circuit.

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome from South Yorkshire... try getting hold of Baron Rolf (Mark) he is from your neck of the woods

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Steve. Beware, all those friendly welcomes from the locals, they just can't wait to shoot you down! But then again, thats what you'll be trying to do to them too so all is fair. Many many great Wings folks over there in Old Blighty to get together with.

I guess I have to give you a welcome since we all welcome new members. You will meet a great bunch of people here and gain much knowledge on many things.

Welcome Steve, another Southerner here. It's a great game. The possibilities are endless. Also check out the solo play rules in the file section. Hope to see you at one of the shows.

Rob

Cuchulann

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Steve.
    Welcome on behalf of the Squadrons based here in the U.K.
    Did you try to sign on twice as we have two similar applications, one under the name of SDWylde88 which I have cancelled.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for the welcome.

The other Steve Wylde is my son, he lives in Cirencester as he is based down there in the army. He did say he was having problems logging in, does he need to re-apply?

Steve.

Cuchulann

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Hi Tim,

I will definitely be at the Stafford show with a few of the group that have started playing recently. We will be sure to drop in and say hi.

Steve

Cuchulann

Hi Guys,

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!

I have had a fair few games of late albeit using the standard rules and thoroughly enjoying the games. I have been looking around the forum and found lots of very useful stuff including a Boulton Paul Defiant which has a special connection for me, being from Wolverhampton and the fact that my Grandfather was one of the wartime workforce building them.

Steve.

No problem Steve.
    I will override the automatic protocol and sign him up.
    Get him to check in a few minutes time to make sure I got the procedure correct.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. New Member Introduction
    By SPITFIRE ACE in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 10:57
  2. 2013 Origins member's tribute to 2014 member one
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:37