Ares Games

Thread: The new ships have arrived.

Default The new ships have arrived.

I have received a telephone message from the owner of my local games shop to inform me that he now has the new Battlestar Galactica models in stock. So I shall have to try to go pick them up later today.

I collected the new ships from my local games shop today. They are well packaged and the production quality is the same as in the Starter Sets. One small quibble I have is with the pack of spare control panels because there are no spare letter stickers in the pack, with which to label the control panels.

There are enough stickers in the starter to cover quite a few panels and bases.

I’m loving the Scar model, but yeesh Starbuck and Scar are brutal at +3 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    - One small quibble I have is with the pack of spare control panels because there are no spare letter stickers in the pack, with which to label the control panels.
    Makes sense; if you buy 2 packs of extra decks, you don't want two identical sets of stickers.

Plus, if you later buy another set, which stickers should Ares be expected to include in that one; group 3? group 5? It's not comercially viable for them to try to satisfy all buyers in this regard.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Printing on label paper will easily make what is needed.(I think?)

Or just mark their edges and the little panel tab with paint markers.

I have some peel off yellow dot stickers that will do the trick when I get extras. I will just write a different letter on them.

It is not going to be a problem because I have a sheet of coloured dots to use when I have used all the letters from the Starter Set. Also it is possible to buy sheets of self-adhesive letters and numbers.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Planes and Ships
    By 7eat51 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 21:59
  2. Rules for Using Ships
    By Tokhuah in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 05:05
  3. Multiplayer: of ships and submarines
    By Biggles downunder in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 15