Ares Games

Thread: Greetings from Albany

RPFLY

Default Greetings from Albany

Hi all,

I've recently been able to convince my college gaming group to give wings of glory a shot. With all the new releases coming up it seems like as good a time as any to give it a whirl. I'm interested to see what kind of help this site can offer as far as advice/access to supplies and models I have been unable to locate.

Hi Alex. I usually run Wings at Council of Five nations in Schenectady in the fall. There are a number of Wings players in the Albany area. I usually have a very good turnout. I'll post a link to Council and the games when I can commit.

I'm also running 4 Wings games next weekend at Havoc in Schrewsbury MA. Check 'HERE' for details.

The Aerodrome Store, link in yellow above next to 'What's New' is an excellent place to obtain wings items.

RPFLY

I've checked the aerodrome store. Definitely where I intend to buy the newer reprints once I can figure out which ones my group wants. I directed them to the ares site to look at the options, unfortunately the Lothar Von Richthofen and Hans Kirschstein Fokker Dr.1s were quite a hit, so I'm really here trying to track down someone who may have a double they are willing to sell to me. Schenectady is plenty close for me, I'll definitely have to check it out next fall!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

So, after the Aerodrome Store-a great place to find a whole bunch of accessories-you can also try the secondary markets like EvilBay. Keep in mind, though, that many of the people posting on such are aware of how exploitable-um-rare and in demand some of the out of print things are, and how much consequently they can ask for such.

Be sure to check out the files here on the site for many of the related game items; a couple of highly-valued ones are the various listings of available miniatures, and the stats from the unofficial stats committee.

And if the hobby side appeals to you, there's always painting your own from Shapeways, Armaments in Miniature, Valom, etc.

And if you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask, someone on the 'Drome probably has the answer.

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum.

Thumbs up

G'day Alex & welcome to the 'drome.
    Good luck with promoting WoG with your group.
    The Aerodrome store is certainly a great place to source your models etc & with new releases due by end of June its a good time to get right into this great game.

welcome to the drome Alex from the land of buckeyes!!!

Welcome to the Drome, Alex!

Good luck with your gaming group.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

On behalf of the Squadrons based over hear in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Alex.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Alex, from here 'across the Pond' in the United Kingdom.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've found your way to the Forum, Alex It's a great place, full of wonderful information and great people - I hope you find it as enjoyable as I have these last 4+ years.

All the best,
    Matt

Hi Alex,
    Welcome to the 'Drome -- I'm down in Highland, NY and often come up to the Schenectady Area Wargamers monthly game a thons -- that sometimes have Wings games. I also play in Peter (Teaticket)'s games at the Council of the Five Nations (they are always top drawer games) and am playing in his games at Havoc coming up soon (I am running a Friday Sails of Glory game up there as well). I hope I can meet you at one of these events.
    best,
    Bill

Hi Alex
    Welcome to the 'Drome' from here in the good old UK. Enjoy this site, and the game. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Alex. ENJOY!!!

Welcome to Forum, spread your wings here, there are many gems to find and people to meet.

Similar Missions

1. New York Albany wing reporting for duty
    By zombieknight in forum US Wing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 17:11
  2. New York Upstate Games? Albany - Poughkeepsie?
    By LewdDude in forum US Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 06:36