Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Series 4 Reprint

Any infos about included ace cards?
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yep, Series 4 has landed at the Ares warehouse and they will be shipping to stores this coming week.
    Will that shipment also include the replacements for Weber and Fonck from the series 1 reprint???

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Will that shipment also include the replacements for Weber and Fonck from the series 1 reprint???
    I do hope so - I'm still waiting for Keith to dispatch a large order to me, which is waiting only upon the missing replacement planes.
    I'd like them to reach me before Doncaster, but I fear they will be too late for that.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Did anybody else noticed the bad quality of the reprinted planes? I just bought two of them and there are so much mistakes. The plastic parts are bad cleaned and the decals come of on both models. The paint also isn't that nice and aren't really nice put together. No comparison with the quality of the old Wings of War models.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I do hope so - I'm still waiting for Keith to dispatch a large order to me, which is waiting only upon the missing replacement planes.
    I'd like them to reach me before Doncaster, but I fear they will be too late for that.
    Unfortunately, these are not arriving with the S4 reprints. I am looking into a solution for those orders that are awaiting just those planes.

Quote Originally Posted by mabusa View Post
    Did anybody else noticed the bad quality of the reprinted planes? I just bought two of them and there are so much mistakes. The plastic parts are bad cleaned and the decals come of on both models. The paint also isn't that nice and aren't really nice put together. No comparison with the quality of the old Wings of War models.
    Which two models?

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Any infos about included ace cards?
    As reprints, there won't likely be Ace Cards in them. None of the Series 1 reprints had them, at least none of the ones I opened.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

The aircraft attribute, pilot & skill cards started coming with the series 9 release, series 3a, a reprint, arrived with cards & according to those lucky few who snagged some series 4 models at GenCon they also came with cards (higher MG etc for SE's).
    Odd they didn't do any for the series 1 models. Maybe it's only done for the models Ares are printing for the first time ?

"He is wise who watches"

I‘m afraid that is true.

I was curious for the A/H Weber Ace card...

Quote Originally Posted by mabusa View Post
    Did anybody else noticed...

No comparison with the quality of the old Wings of War models.
    Nothing new.

We will not see the Nexus Game quality for such a cheap miniature (flight stand/pegs/movement cards) again.

But I noticed, that there was a loose decal on the Bäumer Fokker Dr.1 height rudder underside.

At all - the new minis look awesome on the gaming mats, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    I‘m afraid that is true.

I was curious for the A/H Weber Ace card...
    Fair enough. Given that the AH Rudolf Weber (WoG) Albatros DV is very, very close in paint / decal scheme to that of the DE Ludwig Weber (WoW) Albatros DV, it would have seemed appropriate to include an ace card for the Rudolf Weber.

By they way I've not found any online examples of an Albatros DV for Rudolf Weber. The Osprey books on AH Aces and AH Albatros Aces do not credit him with any victories in an Albatros DV. The Aerodrome lists 5 of the 6 kills with a Hansa-Brandenburg CI and 1 unknown. It lists his planes as the CI and the Phonix. Never mind Rudolf Weber's Albatros DV I can't seem to find any pictures of any AH Albatros DV.

Seems a curious choice given the many, many options for great German Albatros DV colour schemes....or if you want to do a plane for Rudolf Weber then why not a Hansa-Brandenburg CI? Maybe I'm missing something.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Fokker Triplane (Kempf) and Albatros (Richthofen). Sorry I didn't found the thread for this reprint series I just wanted to give a general dissapointment

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Heck, I am going to get two Bishops, since the Se5 seems to be given a distinctly different deck than the Se5a. One will be left as Bishop - heck, I am not repainting Fonck just because he was a pompous ass, why repaint Bishop because he was a weasel (to say nothing of Goering)? ;-)

Really looking forward to my favorite British plane at long last reappearing - I have been unwilling to pay the high premium that getting these used demanded. My avatar will at last return to the Se5a once I actually have my hands on one. Won’t be buying extras of any of the others, but will probably get one of each.
    *Poof*
    Avatar is finally an Se5a with Bishop and McCudden finally gracing my collection, and will probably add one each of all three at some point soon.

Kinda curious- all sorts of comments between the announcement of these and now about people intending to buy tons of McCuddens, maybe a token Dallas, and sneering at Bishop, but with the Se5 having its own unique deck, I would have thought more would have said they’d be buying multiple Se5s, but really haven’t seen it.

The only I bought 3 each of Bishop and McCudden and skipped Dallas initially, but ordered one after seeing the ace cards included with the others.

Brings my total to 12 with my Nexus ones.

Got my set in yesterday and am thrilled they come with ace and other cards. I purchased 1 of each except the Rumplers as I already have 2 each of the first release. Only 1 Rumpler for the extra ace+ cards.

Now to open the SE5 to see how it's deck is different!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Series 1 reprint
    By Angiolillo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 09-08-2019, 15:34
  2. WGF: Series 4 Reprint on the Way...?
    By Dan-Sam in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 19:07
  3. Series 3 Reprint
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions