Ares Games

Thread: Current Contents:Passing the Torch

Default Current Contents:Passing the Torch

As old Skystalker is now past the mid 70's, life (and SWMBO) is calling for some changes, it's time to part with a few things. One of those will be maintenance of the Current Contents file. The file started as one to keep my collection in order, but it has apparently been of use to many others over the years. After 12+ years of maintaining the resource, it would be good to send all the files to a younger aviator in order to continue it, so please PM me if you would like to volunteer for this duty. All Word docs could be transferred via Dropbox, or if you are in the States, I can just mail a CD. The second concession to age will be "downsizing", so I'll be listing some full series of older aircraft releases on evilbay once I get some other stuff done. And, no, Skystalker is not leaving the community, as I'll be hanging on to enough planes to still have a lot of fun with this great game!

Glad your keep enough to play, always game one. Gee, now that makes me wonder how many you have.

...toying with the idea. I do have dropbox, so...I am also heavily involved in a whole bunch of other projects, so I seriously wonder about my ability to take on another one. How much of your time does this maintenance actually take?

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    ...toying with the idea. I do have dropbox, so...I am also heavily involved in a whole bunch of other projects, so I seriously wonder about my ability to take on another one. How much of your time does this maintenance actually take?
    It usually takes an hour or two to update the file and add the photos. In addition, I download the Ares photos when they do the release announcement and just save them to a folder. Then everything is listed when the product arrives so that accurate data can be incorporated in the file. Once the Word doc is complete, it's converted to pdf and posted. Needless to say, it involves purchasing a copy of every WOG product.

Sorry to see you're hanging it up Bob, your file is a primo source of info on all the releases and contributed greatly to my meagre efforts to put out info to the chaps.

"He is wise who watches"

Don't think that anyone has picked this up yet, but I'll be glad to forward the doc files to anyone wanting to update it. The files are approx. 10MB each.

skystalker. I am interested. Please PM me the details.

Similar Missions

1. WW2 Current Contents Updated for BoB
    By skystalker in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 15:12
  2. WGF Current Contents Updated
    By skystalker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 22:06
  3. Current Contents Updated for Series 9
    By skystalker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5