Ares Games

Thread: Am I feeding a rat?

Default Am I feeding a rat?

I put my cat's two food bowls on top of the kitchen bench in the front kitchen so the dog does not get it. The cat is a grazer and not a pig so I put out fresh food for him in the morning and again in the evening and dispose of the unused food. A couple of times recently I have checked out a noise in the front of the house and found the cat bowls either empty or overturned and the food gone. The cat has been asleep on the bed. I have been assuming that a stray cat has pushed back the fly screen on the kitchen window and helped himself. I looked out the front once and saw a cat heading out of our driveway but have never seen any cats inside apart from ours.

I am wondering ...... Cat or Rat

It could be a Martian Tripod - oh wait, they haven’t arrived yet

Smile

Could the dog be jumping up & scavenging?

No it is not the dog. He is not allowed up the front of the house. That gives the cat a peaceful haven while Boston is still in puppy mode.

I knew it - it’s a Martian Tripod

Maybe it's neither the cat or a rat, but just a mouse in the house!

If it was here in the states I would say Opossum or raccoon, that is what we had trouble with. Raccoons were the bowl flippers though. Not real sure what sort of critters you have there though.

Have to agree with Ken. The racoon likes the dry food we put outside for the cats.

I am not sure but whatever it is it is getting more adventurous. Last night the dog was out the back and out the way and there was a scuffle in the lounge. The curtains in the bay window where banging about and totally focused on them I went in and drew them open. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of color and then heard the dog door banging as something exited the house. The net curtains have been slashed to ribbons horizontally! I am glad I did not get there in time to come face to face with the intruder, cat rat, or possum. Sure got some razor sharp claws.

Phalangeriformes (Possums - Link: Wikipedia - Phalangeriformes)
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I am not sure but whatever it is it is getting more adventurous. Last night the dog was out the back and out the way and there was a scuffle in the lounge. The curtains in the bay window where banging about and totally focused on them I went in and drew them open. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of color and then heard the dog door banging as something exited the house. The net curtains have been slashed to ribbons horizontally! I am glad I did not get there in time to come face to face with the intruder, cat rat, or possum. Sure got some razor sharp claws.
    Sounds very much like a Possum to me Gary!

Your possums must be a lot more energetic than the ones up here in Ohio. Ours do not "flash". Lumber or waddle is more their speed.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Your possums must be a lot more energetic than the ones up here in Ohio. Ours do not "flash". Lumber or waddle is more their speed.
    Karl
    Oh yeah Karl! Our ones are very acrobatic too.
    We had a family living in the Carport back in Sydney suburbs & they could Moove!
    We used to feed them slices of apple.

hopefully, it's a quadrupedal scavenger, and not a bipedal one.

Similar Missions

1. Feeding your addiction
    By Grinneth42 in forum Polls
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 02:34