Ares Games

Thread: Wintercon 2019

Default Wintercon 2019

It's that time of year again, with preliminary preparations for Wintercon.

https://cgs.asn.au/wintercon-2019/

20 July - 21 July
    Set up on 19 July

Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC)

Wintercon is a 2 day event, held in the depths of Winter in July. We normally hold it in the Fitzroy pavilion (Where the second hand stall is at Cancon.). Wintercon is a smaller event, but with most of the same features as Cancon. We have Tournaments, Trade stands, Participation games and the Games Library. Events tend to finish around 5:30 -6:00pm, mostly due to the cold outside (The heaters are rather good though.)

As is customary, I intend booking a table at the Tak Kee Roast Inn on Saturday evening.

Talking about Tables... Trev is making me one of his spectacular 2mm 3D modular terrain boards for Wintercon. Anyone whose seen his product knows that these are works of art.

Thumbs up

Good news Zoe!
    I will definitely trying my very best to attend at least one day.

Hi Zoe,

Hope all is well with you and yours. Just advising that I will be there for Wintercon and would like to attend your dinner with my wife Liz if okay with you.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Hi Zoe,

Hope all is well with you and yours. Just advising that I will be there for Wintercon and would like to attend your dinner with my wife Liz if okay with you.

Gary
    Of course!

Trev was involved in an auto accident, and has issues getting time off work, so the Po valley map will have to wait till Cancon. However, plans are afoot to have both Martians and some games of BSG as part of the worldwide "33" Campaign. We won't have room for 33 participants, but might make 12, 6 a side. Models etc will all be provided.

Similar Missions

1. Wintercon 2018
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2018, 06:14
  2. Wintercon 2016
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 05:45
  3. Wintercon Reports
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 23