Thread: Short Question about Crew Skills

Hybrid View

Users Country Flag

Name
    Henning
    Sorties Flown

Default Short Question about Crew Skills

Hello everyone,

as I got the BoB Starter Box, I was wondering if the Crew Skills are applicable to all pilots, as they are not marked belonging to a special pilot or airplane. Only the fraction (e.g. Germany) is obvious.
    The backs both look the same (card to the right is "technical eye").

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3231.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	263953

Yes, you can assign any crew skills to any pilots you fly, your choice!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Henning
    Sorties Flown

Allright then, thanks a lot!

Also, unlike some games, you do not have to own the official card to assign a skill to a pilot. The card is just a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Also, unlike some games, you do not have to own the official card to assign a skill to a pilot. The card is just a reminder.
    And if you need the full list Henning have a look here and follow the links

"He is wise who watches"

I am thinking that the hardest part of using pilot/crew skills is keeping track of the number of turns till the ability regenerates. Each one has a number of recovery counters but when using more than one card ......... it can get confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I am thinking that the hardest part of using pilot/crew skills is keeping track of the number of turns till the ability regenerates. Each one has a number of recovery counters but when using more than one card ......... it can get confusing.
    I know what you mean...so I made markers specific to the ace skill. They are in the files HERE.

I have only used more than one skill once, at Prague 2018; it did require a bit more concentration to keep the various piles of 1 cent coins under control!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

you could just use a dice to count down the number of rounds until it can be used again.

I use the ace abilities with large groups by letting them use it only once. If you get a kill you draw a chit out of a bag and that is your special ability. Once you use it, it goes back into the bag and may be drawn again. I have 3 of each ability in the bag. It's a nice way to introduce the abilities to new pilots.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    I use the ace abilities with large groups by letting them use it only once. If you get a kill you draw a chit out of a bag and that is your special ability. Once you use it, it goes back into the bag and may be drawn again. I have 3 of each ability in the bag. It's a nice way to introduce the abilities to new pilots.

Thomas
    That is a good idea, I will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post

Thomas
    That's a cool idea.

At conventions, I have started using custom Ace Skill cards as souvenirs. As part of the demonstration, it shows the game can be expanded by small amounts, and the participants can use the card if they ever get into the game. Participants draw a random skill before the game starts, from up to eight skills (printed for each side of the game):

Name:	M-Con2018_WGS_AceCards_LW-PA.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	267765

Name:	M-Con2018_WGS_AceCards_RCAF-LP.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	267766
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. Original pic of Short Stirling & Crew 1942
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2023, 17:43
  2. New Ace Skills! Have not you seen them?!!!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 05:32
  3. Extended crew damage (for multi-crew aircraft)
    By Prodromoi in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 12:07
  4. Ace Skills
    By wargamer in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 15:24
  5. Ace skills
    By Gaz67 in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 07:19