Ares Games

Thread: Revised Spreadsheet of all WoW & WoG cards and model planes

Default Revised Spreadsheet of all WoW & WoG cards and model planes

It's a while ago that I submitted an Excel file listing all of the planes and cards released by Nexus / Ares that are listed in the file uploaded by Skystalker:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...do=file&id=723

To my file I added a two-letter country code. The only peculiarities were using RS for Serbia. RS is usually taken to stand for 'Republika Srpska' but apparently it can also stand for a couple of historical names for Serbia - 'Raška' or'Rascia'. Austria-Hungary was another problem as there is no 2-letter code for the Empire, so I used AT (Austria) for the submitted file.

Since submitting that file I found a few errors:

1) A couple of Slovenian planes were marked as AT. They are now SI for Slovenia.
    2) The Richthofen Fokker Dr1 in Recon Patrol is Lothar not Manfred (I just got the cards yesterday and was able to detect that error)

There might be one or two other corrections I made but I can't recall.

In doing the file I ensured that pilot / crew names and unit names were consistent (i.e., they don't necessarily match what's on the cards). I did this so that I could easily sort / filter for a particular crew or unit (e.g., you can easily see what's available for a particular squadron, jasta, etc.

There are two specific cases that stand out:

1) William Barker: He move units a fair bit. I have him flying the Sopwith Camel in the 66 Sqn for Wow Famous Aces; 139 Sqn for WoG Series 1A. I don't have anything for WoW Deluxe Set or WoW series 1. I've guessed, because why not use one of his other temporary assignments (LoL), 28 Sqn for the upcoming release with Tripods and Triplanes but that's really a place holder. The Snipe is easy as these should all be 201 Sqn.

2) MvR: I have Jasta 2 for the Albatros DII (WoG Series 7); Kagohl 2/Kasta 8 for the Roland (WoW Recon Patrol, WoW Series 2 and WoG Series 2A); Jasta 11 for the Albatros DIII (WoG Series 3A) and the various Fokker Dr1 (WoW Famous Aces, WoW Deluxe & Revised Deluxe, WoG Duel Pack, WoW Series 1 and WoG Series 1A). There are 2 planes in the upcoming release and I've provisionally put him in Jagdgeschwader 1 for the Ablatros DVa and Jasta 11 for the Fokker Dr1).

I've also added borders, coloured the header cells and added filters. I will wait for the upcoming releases before uploading a revised file so I can ensure the units are correct. Also if anyone can shed some light on the missing unit info for William Barker or can confirm that I've got the right units for the various MvR planes I'd appreciate that.

I'm not sure how long things sit in the moderation queue but 'a long time' seems about right - it's either that or there's something I need to do before the file is released.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 03-06-2019 at 08:31.

Most people use A-H or AH for Austria-Hungary Paul if that helps.
    In his document Bob has Lothar listed for the Dr.1 & Manfred for the Roland in Recon Patrol.
    MvR's Alb D.II is in Series 7 not WoW Recon Patrol. Jasta 11 was part of Jagdgeschwader 1 (formed 24th June 1917) so either would do for his machines after that date. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdge..._(World_War_I).
    Can't check on Barker as haven't got my kit to hand but I'd hazard a guess the sqns may match the cards of Famous Aces in series 1. I'm sure someone will be along to confirm one way or t'other.
    Look forward to seeing the finished article - may prove to be very useful & I will link it to my info threads.
    Last edited by flash; 03-06-2019 at 07:59.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Most people use A-H or AH for Austria-Hungary Paul if that helps.
    In his document Bob has Lothar listed for the Dr.1 & Manfred for the Roland in Recon Patrol.
    MvR's Alb D.II is in Series 7 not WoW Recon Patrol. Jasta 11 was part of Jagdgeschwader 1 (formed 24th June 1917) so either would do for his machines after that date. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdge..._(World_War_I).
    Can't check on Barker as haven't got my kit to hand but I'd hazard a guess the sqns may match the cards of Famous Aces in series 1. I'm sure someone will be along to confirm one way or t'other.
    Look forward to seeing the finished article - may prove to be very useful & I will link it to my info threads.
    You're right he does have it as Lothar....must be old eyes getting to me.

I've gone with AH.

I had a mix up which I corrected. I did something on the excel file that I know I'm not supposed to do....I sorted on the columns using the filter at the top which screwed everything up as it sorts just that column. I had done that to group things for the post and then realized what had happened. I went back to a backup copy and have revised the post above - as well as removing the comment about the error in Bob's file.

The Jasta 11 versus Jg 1 is for database consistency (i.e., to facilitate sorting, grouping, filtering, etc.). Göring is listed in, at least the WoG releases, as Jg 1 not Jasta 27 but MvR as Jasta 11 even though he commands Jg 1 and technically no longer commander of J 11 after Jg 1 is formed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdstaffel_11). But it's a minor point. If the file is ever listed in the download area people can overwrite if they like.

Similar Missions

1. Zio Prudenzio Model Cards - My 2nd Project - Fokker DR1
    By OldGuy59 in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 02:01
  2. Zio Prudenzio Model Cards - My 1st Project
    By OldGuy59 in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 02:17
  3. Zio prudenzio model cards
    By pstapleton53 in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 4