Ares Games

Thread: Much fun was had

Default Much fun was had

Took my son to a game pub in Hamilton, Ohio called "A Game Knight". New place opened by a friend of mine, great venue. If you're in the Hamilton/Cincinnati area please check it out.

We introduced a few of my friends to Wings of Glory on one of their game tables and much fun was had. Allies fielded two Sopwith Camels and two Neuport 28s while the Central Powers sent up a pair of Fokker DR1s and E.Vs. Once the dust settled only one plane was still in the air, an E.V piloted by my son. It was a blast, my friends picked the game up quickly, and are looking forward to doing it again.

My son sending me down in flames:
    Name:  IMG_5232.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  202.9 KB

The victor!
    Name:  IMG_5239.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  121.0 KB

Well done to your son Tom, and great to see the gospel being preached in yet another venue.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice photos and good to hear of another young one being introduced to the game.

Thumbs up

Well done Tom for spreading the "Love" & to your son for his victory.

well done making some new converts!!!

Always good to see new pilots being trained up!

You lost to your son?! You’re letting our side down Tom!

Nice job subverting others to the cause. Tell your son congrats for beating the old man.

Congratulations to your son, Tom! He will soon be an ace at this rate.

Tom bring your son up to our next Epic Loot game.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Great news! I am in Fairfield, just down the road...where is the shop located and what are gaming hours? Would love to meetup and sling a few bullets

Well done Tom, and well done son-of-Tom!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    Tom bring your son up to our next Epic Loot game.
    Will try. Saturdays are often busy for us, but I really want to. Both my son and my daughter enjoy the game. Got a family squadron

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    Great news! I am in Fairfield, just down the road...where is the shop located and what are gaming hours? Would love to meetup and sling a few bullets
    It's a pub. They have a good size gaming library, tasty food, and a few nice sized gaming tables you can reserve. It's called "A Game Knight" and it's in German Village in Hamilton. Friend of mine opened it up last Fall. I'm over in Oxford so it's not a far trip for me. I'll message you when we can get another outing up!

Oh yeah, you asked for hours too.

Here's their website:
    https://www.agameknight.com/

Excellent job on the part of the recruiting Sergeant.