Ares Games

Thread: Scar model

Default Scar model

I ordered this one from rivalsky.com.au this morning. This is like the Red Baron of Cylons and the only one that looks different on their side. Well worth getting imho. Not holding my breath on delivery but it is good to see orders are open.

All raiders have slight different colour nuances, except the two from the base set.

I think the best way is to identify them by the letters on the bases.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Respectfully disagree. I like the idea of different looking miniatures. The ones in the starter box look identical to me. I tried to read the decals on them but the font is way to small for my eyes.

I've ordered a single Scar model as well and am really looking forward to receiving it!

Recieved the scar model and I'm a bit disappointed with it. In the series, scar had facial damage across the eye/sensor slot, which the model does not. Also i think the right 'wing?' Had damage.. looks like a little bit of knife work to correct the image of the model is needed

I finally picked up the Second Wave Cylon Raider. As best as I can tell, this model is identical to the Starter Set Raiders. I can't detect any difference between any of the three models. There are different Talents in the three Raiders of the Second Wave.

The Captured Raider is a mottled grey, not purple like the above model(s). The Starbuck marking on the underside is barely visible, but in a tabletop game, of little importance, and will probably never be seen.

Scar is silver metalic, and quite distictive. There are red splotches on it, that I suppose are damage marks. As to how accurate to the Cylon in the TV program, I have no idea.

Within the Starter Set, there were two Viper models, 'Apollo' and 'Hardball', but only one Pilot Card. The two Vipers in the Second Wave are a new Starbuck Viper (with appropriate Pilot Card), and a re-release of the 'Hardball' Viper from the Starter Set, yet again without a Pilot Card. The Starbuck card is misprinted, missing the 'Alien Spacecraft' Flaw (the Flaw card is included). The Starbuck promotional card did include the Flaw, but that card had different text, for some reason. At tabletop distances, the three Vipers will be indistinguishable to my (older) eyes.

The people who came to my table during PhenomaCon in Victoria, including the X-Wing Tournament players, were very impressed with the ships as they are, as am I.

We'll have to see if ARES puts out Ace Collections, as they did with Wings of Glory.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 10-05-2019 at 09:48.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. How's this for a R/C model....
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2017, 22:42
  2. New Model
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 15:17
  3. Model B-25
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3