Ares Games

Thread: Valom Models

Default Valom Models

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	263783

EDIT: I've added the SPADS. Unfortunately these arrived with the wrong decals and metal parts. I made the struts from plastic card and used some spare roundels and decal sheet for the 23 Squadron markings.

I've finished some Sopwith Pups and Albatros. The kits are a lot of fun to put together and scale well with the Wings models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7A3A2560-E8A0-49AB-B972-9CBD78B3D1E7.jpg   A0B0F432-E949-44B0-B165-AFA96A006E98.jpg   IMG_0867.jpg  
    Last edited by infman; 03-04-2019 at 23:25. Reason: Added SPADs

Nice! I just ordered a brace each of Fokker E.III and Dr.I. Very inexpensive too.

Nicely done models.

Well done with those, I've made the Pups and found the metal bits difficult but not impossible and Nieuport's with the same V strut as the Albatros and found them easier. I am impressed you found them fun though, your modelling skills are well honed.

Well done, Dean! Those are good looking models.

Excellent work...will have to revisit Valom site.

well bravo. if you find putting valom kits together fun you heartilly deserve the rep. i would describe the process as "miserable".

Thanks for the kind comments.

I maybe ‘fun’ to build is overstating it, maybe more like ‘satisfying’ to see them finished. They certainly can’t be rushed especially when doing the wing struts.

I’ll post some SPAD’s soon. Unfortunately the SE5s I ordered came with SPAD plastic parts and SE5 brass parts and decals. I’m carving struts for SPADs from plastic card as all of my suppliers kits have the same problem!

Good work Dean
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

They look superb Dean, well worth the effort required

"He is wise who watches"

Super build job on those, Dean.

Very well done, sir!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Superb sir, very well done

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by infman View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments.

I maybe ‘fun’ to build is overstating it, maybe more like ‘satisfying’ to see them finished. They certainly can’t be rushed especially when doing the wing struts.

I’ll post some SPAD’s soon. Unfortunately the SE5s I ordered came with SPAD plastic parts and SE5 brass parts and decals. I’m carving struts for SPADs from plastic card as all of my suppliers kits have the same problem!

well i can unequivocally say, when i finally got done, i was eminently satisfied id neveer have to do it again lol

very nice models!

I do have a few Valoom models but I haven't found the time to build any

Did you run into some troubles that you can mention or do you have any advice to share? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    very nice models!

I do have a few Valoom models but I haven't found the time to build any

Did you run into some troubles that you can mention or do you have any advice to share? thanks
    The most difficult part for me is aligning the top and bottom wings. I don’t try to do it in one step. I find it easiest to install the wing struts on the bottom wing and let the glue dry thoroughly before I glue the top wing into place.

I’ve ordered some Valom Fokkers and will post some photos of the steps as I assemble them if you like.

Having tried to build valom Sopwith Pup kits myself - and failed miserably - I must say these are impressive Dean. Lovely job

Similar Missions

1. Valom Models
    By viper in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-13-2018, 00:58
  2. Hanriot HD1 Valom models
    By fox in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 12:56
  3. Valom Models- Fokker Dr.I
    By viper in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4