Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 127 of 127

Thread: Date Changes, Again . . .

  1. #101

    Default

    Now we are talking Dave, the G&t State. Can we have a little star on your flag too .
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Now we are talking Dave, the G&t State. Can we have a little star on your flag too .
    Rob.
    Sure; there's always room for more
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Lot's of changes from the States too. I'll need a visa for my next visit, it seems. And I lost a cheaper travel option, now that Icelandic Air folded
    Karl
    Icelandair’s website is still up and talking about cheap fares for stranded WOW passengers.

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    Icelandair’s website is still up and talking about cheap fares for stranded WOW passengers.
    I must have misread the article. I still think they left Cleveland, which was a big attraction.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    There is a rumour the Martians will land in Britain somewhere near Doncaster this year in the fall. Will "Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now" then...?

    https://youtu.be/gHsPa_rEnOU
    It's Autumn in Tasmania.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10954126-3x2-700x467.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	265456

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-...efA9OCl46HHhsg

  6. #106

    Default

    . . . something wicked this way comes . . . ?

  7. #107

    Default

    Very worrying indeed Zoe.You may have to deploy the Devils.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  8. #108

    Default

    It looks like someone has invented a super-powerful laser pointer.

  9. #109

    Boney10's Avatar South Western Command Squadron Leader.
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    1
    Name
    Chris
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Sorties Flown
    7,115
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default

    Yup looks like someone checking the LOS

  10. #110

    Dawn Patrol's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Bruce
    Location
    California
    Sorties Flown
    174
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default

    Yup. April Fool’s day on shipping.. Still not shipped. Real Soon Now. Sigh.

  11. #111

    Default

    Looks like that Laser hit the bag factory judging from today's release from Ares.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  12. #112

  13. #113

    Default

    I know, right!?!? A minor dent in my Armour of Hope....still thinking positive thoughts and looking forward to SWTW Coming sooner rather than later in the post...

    All the best,
    Matt

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10954126-3x2-700x467.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	265456
    That's not a light sabre mate... THIS is a light sabre ....

    "He is wise who watches"

  15. #115

    Dawn Patrol's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Bruce
    Location
    California
    Sorties Flown
    174
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default

    Official Ares Update for Immediate Release - via the BBBoSQ News Agency*

    Due to the delays in the release of Tripods & Triplanes, a new project manager has been hired to expedite production. Experienced with the high pressure Hollywood world, he will bring a no-nonsense sense of urgency to the project.

    “Just as soon as I finish book six - now books six and seven,” said new Ares special projects manager, George R.R. Martin, “and book seven - now books eight, nine and ten - of the Song of Fire and Ice series, I’ll get cracking on the production delays so we will have Martians in our lifetime. Assuming I live that long.”

    *Bruce’s Big Book of Spurious Quotations


    (Yes, further proof that idle hands are the devil’s playthings...)

  16. #116

    Default

    Ha! Would be funny if the situation were not so far from funny . . .

  17. #117

    Default

    Well I got an email saying my Scar pre order should be shipped to me by the end of April so at least BSG is on track. I am off cruising next week and will see what they have at the Armchair Adventurer store in Honolulu when I get there in a couple of weeks.

  18. #118

    Default

    A drop roll? I'd rather a drum roll. . . . looks like we might be on the beach when they wash ashore . . .

  19. #119

    Dawn Patrol's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Bruce
    Location
    California
    Sorties Flown
    174
    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default

    Rumble rumble rumbleCRASH!

    Chief Inquisitor: There is only one thing in life that is certain...and that’s the Spanish Inquisition...and Death. Two! Two things in life that are certain, the Spanish I quisition and Death!
    Cardinal Biggles: It’s April 15th, Lord.
    Chief Inquisitor: Right. There are three things in life that are certain, the Spanish Inquisition, Death, and taxes!
    Cardinal Fang: ...and Ares, Lord.
    Chief Inquisitor: The Spanish Inquisition, Death, Taxes, and Tripods & Triplanes still hasn’t shipped!
    Cardinals in Unison: But Real Soon Now!
    Kickstarter Backer: Oh...next update will be “shipping now”? I wasn’t expecting that!

    *****

    Update 29 is that it passed the drop test, will have the bags in hand today, and next message should be, “Shipping now”. Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? Have we made it out of the dungeon? Is the check in the mail?!?

    ...not holding my breath, though. I don’t wanna die this close!

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Due to the delays in the release of Tripods & Triplanes, a new project manager has been hired to expedite production. Experienced with the high pressure Hollywood world, he will bring a no-nonsense sense of urgency to the project.

    “Just as soon as I finish book six - now books six and seven,” said new Ares special projects manager, George R.R. Martin, “and book seven - now books eight, nine and ten - of the Song of Fire and Ice series, I’ll get cracking on the production delays so we will have Martians in our lifetime. Assuming I live that long.”
    I believe it will be after David Gerrold finishes books 5 and 6 of his War Against the Chtorr series.

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    I believe it will be after David Gerrold finishes books 5 and 6 of his War Against the Chtorr series.
    I hope not, as I'm hoping these never kill trees to print them. I couldn't get through #3.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  22. #122

    Default

    Are we sure that Ares are not waiting for the t.v. series to end before releasing the models?

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I hope not, as I'm hoping these never kill trees to print them. I couldn't get through #3.
    Karl
    Bummer. I really liked those books. But I can understand it. I couldn’t take reading Game of Thrones. Now there was a waste of trees.

  24. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    I couldn’t take reading Game of Thrones. Now there was a waste of trees.
    That's why I read 'em on my Kindle!

    Still haven't broken open my BluRay GoT Series 1-7 box set yet...............

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    That's why I read 'em on my Kindle!

    Still haven't broken open my BluRay GoT Series 1-7 box set yet...............
    We are going to finish this season and then start from the beginning to watch it all again. Haven't read the book, in this case we may not since HBO and the original author will/may have very different endings, starting with the last season or two.

  26. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    We are going to finish this season and then start from the beginning to watch it all again. Haven't read the book, in this case we may not since HBO and the original author will/may have very different endings, starting with the last season or two.
    The stories seem to diverge @ book 3 / TV season 4, if my "spoilers" are correct - VERY different by end of book 5 / TV season 6

  27. #127

    Default

    Wife and I have read all the GoT books and catch the series on DVD when it comes out (about a year behind TV viewers). Too many changes between books and the movies including some characters who died in the TV show but survived in the books. Major one being the King of the Norths wife WAS NOT at the red feast so was not killed. That makes for a line of Starks in the books that were ended in the movies making a big difference and possable issues down the road.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Missions

  1. Have we got a date for 2019 yet?
    By Guntruck in forum Prague Summer Con
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 03:31
  2. N. England & Scotland Up to date aircraft listings
    By ijo58 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 00:26
  3. A date at long last
    By Brambo in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 05:54
  4. Do we have a date for next release?
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 12:09
  5. Campaign date
    By Skafloc in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 10:27

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •