Ares Games

View Poll Results: What do you think about the current Avatar choices on the Wings of Glory Aerodrome?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The more choices for Avatars the better. We should be allowed to use anything.

7 35.00%
  • I like the BSG Avatars and want Tripod choices too. Anything about Ares flying games is fine.

2 10.00%
  • I do not like science fiction on a historic flying site. We do not have sails so why spaceships?

9 45.00%
  • Avatars that do not depict airplanes conforming to strict design parameters should not be allowed.

1 5.00%
  • I do not care about Avatars.

1 5.00%

Thread: Question About the Evolution of Avatar Choices

Default Question About the Evolution of Avatar Choices

What do think about the Avatar choices on the Aerodrome?
    Last edited by Tokhuah; 02-18-2019 at 13:18. Reason: I spaced...

The current Avatars are fine they indicate your main interest. If you want more or a personal one you can become a subscriber and support the site financially. When T&T is released perhaps we might see a few Martian ones. All subject to moderator approval of course. Avatar is a strange word really, it means descent or manifestation of a deity.

Smile

I prefer to keep the Avatars restricted to WW1 & WW2 Aircraft or special ones for site admin people.

Speaking as an Admin, things are complicated enough as it is.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Speaking as an Admin, things are complicated enough as it is.
    Rob.
    Got to agree with that Rob!
    Remember the KISS principle.

I didn't vote because my option isn't a choice.

I wish there was the capability to have different avatars for the different areas of the site (WWI/WWII/BSG) that would show only in those areas. Then we could each have more.
    Too complicated, but Juan can hope ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I didn't vote because my option isn't a choice.

I wish there was the capability to have different avatars for the different areas of the site (WWI/WWII/BSG) that would show only in those areas. Then we could each have more.
    Too complicated, but Juan can hope ...
    Sort of like this ^^^^^^ option, but it probably is beyond the capabilities of the site software.

I was kind of expecting not to have BSG on this site, and was marginally happy about T&T being here, as it is an expansion. As to Martian avatars? Traitors to Humanity, anyone? Cylons vs Colonials don't count, cause that's just fiction, and not even on this planet.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

What if this site eventually supports the, "Which country you would like to fly for," and "Which war do you like to fly in," questions across games? We may yet see an image of a, "Zero fighting for the Cylons in War of the Worlds," as a viable option.

Similar Missions

1. Aircraft and Nationality Choices
    By Johan Werner in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2018, 13:45
  2. Choices, choices
    By Garieth in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 08:03
  3. Are some planes poor choices without altitude rules?
    By bmwrider in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 09:23
  4. General Overwhelmed by Choices... a little help?
    By fast.git in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 21:14
  5. Avatar Question
    By Capt. DeLorme in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 09:12