Ares Games

Thread: Update--Setarius

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Cool Update--Setarius

I want to thank the guys who sent me the cards this week, I received 4 from England and one from Oregon.

I am finally out of the hospital and at my mom's under hospice care.
    Oncologist says I need colon surgery to remove the bad parts, the surgeon says I can't do surgery until the cancer has been shrunk.

The take away from 4 weeks in the hospital is a spore tail bone and a major dislike for broth. Coming out of surgery, you can eat chicken, beef broth, or tomato soup for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Nothing else. After that it is more soup.
    So far I'm only able to eat half a dozen bites before I have to stop.

Once again THANK You for the cards.

Dale

I am glad that you are out of hospital, Dale. May your health continue to improve.

Here's praying for you recovery.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

good to hear from you Dale and that you are out of hospital.
    You will get a chance to recover yourself before any further surgery.
    I will continue to include you in my prayers for a complete recovery.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hang in there Dale. I love tomato soup, but I guess if thats all you can eat it isn't a favorite for long.

Dale, I am behind the times. I missed that you were in the hospital, but I am certainly glad to hear you are out!
    Let's hope that UK Wildcats basketball can buoy your spirits! (Unless you are a Cards fan and then....well...I suppose you can lose to the Cats in the Finals).

Thumbs up

Great to hear from you Dale!
    Prayers continue to be said nightly.
    Keep your spirits up & know you have a lot of pilots rooting for you.
    Please keep us all up to date on your progress.

Hi Dale, I'm pleased to hear you're out of hospital and appreciate you letting us know how you're getting along. The soup and eating doesn't sound good at all but I guess there are worse things to cope with.

Well I hope you are feeling stronger than before, it doesn't seem like 4 weeks since you told us you were going into hospital, time does seem to fly by.
    Take care and keep us up to date, we're all thinking of you and I'm sure there are lots of positive good wishes coming your way.
    All the very best.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and remission. Keep up with the positive outlook.

Dale glad to hear you are back home. The diet does sound terrible. Keep up the fight we are all behind you.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Best of luck, Dale. A relative of mine just went through the same regimen and surgery. It was a long, fun-free road for her, but she's now in the recovery phases and on her way back to normal. Hang tough!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hang in there, Dave! Glad to hear Phase One is under your belt and you are moving forward. You need to talk them into adding grilled cheese and crackers to the tomato soup regimen...

All the best,
    Matt

Indeed Dale, taking things slowly and carefully is important for healing. I hate following medical directions, but they are the EXPERTS. Blessings of patience for the days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius
    I am finally out of the hospital and at my mom's under hospice care.
    Oh, F**k everything. I hop the label "hospice care" is a false positive.

Hi, Dale. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress.
    Sounds like you have a tough road ahead, but a positive attitude definitely helps.
    The diet choices sound like they got old really fast, but just think of them as fuel to get you to the next airfield.
    I am glad the cards cheered you up. Knowing that many of us here are keeping you in our thoughts must help lift your spirits.
    Hang in there.

Thanks for the update Dale, hope being away from the hospital has given you some lift, it must be miserable with a restricted diet but it sounds marginally better than bully beef & biscuits brown ! Keep your Bulldog spirit up & soldier on.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. AAR OTTBE Mission 23--Cambrai Revisited -- 9th October 1918 by Setarius
    By Setarius in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2018, 18:27
  2. AIM update
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-13-2018, 16:15
  3. AAR OTT BE Mission 10 "Kaiserschlacht" - 21 March 1918 by Setarius
    By Setarius in forum Over the Trenches