Ares Games

Thread: BSG - Upcoming Releases for Ships - as of Feb 2019

Default BSG - Upcoming Releases for Ships - as of Feb 2019

All,

For Your Information

In communicating with Ares about my latest demo game, and the conversations I had with potential new players, I asked some direct questions of Ares.

I have been permitted to announce one of their answers, which follows:

About new ships - the roll out goes like:
    - Viper Mk II, Raiders, Control Panels : March
    - Heavy Raider, Raptor: June/July
    - Viper Mk VII, Classic Viper, Classic Raider: August/October
    - Large Ships (Galactica, Cylon Basestar): 2020
    2020 will also see more non-large ships of course, but at the moment I cannot be more precise than this.
    Please take the above as proposed and tentative, not engraved in stone.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Well though I was reluctant getting into this I'll admit I am looking forward to getting these other models/ships. I'm not sure how interested I will be in other non-large ships. BSG may never have the diversity of Wings of Glory or X-Wing, for me at least. But a few on either side should be fun.

Thanks for the info OldGuy59!

Thank you for the 'heads up', Mike.

Thanks Mike!

Better start saving up the pennies..................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Along with a lot of us I got an email this morning from Ares saying that there are more delays.

March 8th is the date they will ship from the China factory. Not thrilled but not surprised either.

Like on a ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Along with a lot of us I got an email this morning from Ares saying that there are more delays.

March 8th is the date they will ship from the China factory. Not thrilled but not surprised either.
    Every one of us was not expecting anything but a delay, considering that the job was extended over the Chinese New Year.

What I'm hoping for is that the samples are good, and not a mess. Because that will definitely put a wrench in everyone's machinery.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    HMmmm, that's interesting...I've seen it mentioned twice on the Facebook group now, from official sources, that the 8th March is the date that the stock is expected to make landfall in the US, not leave China...

Yea looks like a 3/8 arrival date in US. Does Ares do hard global release dates or will the ships be able to sell them at arrival?

OK, so I missed a key part of a post above, being on my tiny phone when I responded. The email concerning the 8 March shipping date mentioned above, I suspect, was for the T&T Kickstarter, and not related to BSG.

As far as I know, the two games, and their shipping /release schedules, are not related.
    Mike

The BSG: SB Facebook page posted a pic of the BSG expansions and said they’d be in the US on 3/8. Ares Games main page also shared the post.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorAlanYoung View Post
    The BSG: SB Facebook page posted a pic of the BSG expansions and said they’d be in the US on 3/8. Ares Games main page also shared the post.
    So, note that these have already been approved for release, and are being shipped as I type. These could be delayed by an event at the docks in the USA, or other shipping disasters, but have already passed the stage that Tripods & Triplanes/Wings of Glory needs to reach.

It appears that BSG is not subject to the trials and tribulations of the Wings of Glory production process. Different factories and contracts? Must be.
    Mike

A short video clip showing the final pre-production models of 3 x Colonial Raptors and 3 x Cylon Heavy Raiders went up on Facebook overnight. The video is VERY clear and close to the models and they look superb...I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these models (mid-year???), and any new rules accompanying them!

I'd like to post the video here but I'm not sure how to!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    ...I'd like to post the video here but I'm not sure how to!
    On the top bar of the post is an icon of movie frames (second to last), hover over it and it says "Insert Video", click on that & add the videos URL....

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    On the top bar of the post is an icon of movie frames (second to last), hover over it and it says "Insert Video", click on that & add the videos URL....
    Thanks Flash, I did try that mate, but it still wouldn't show the video in my post, I think it might have something to do with it being a video uploaded to Facebook, and the video's url beginning with facebook...here's the link, people should be able to view it without having a Facebook account, as I think it has been set to public...

https://www.facebook.com/BattlestarG...5683522455352/

They look like really good highly detailled models.

Ach so ! That maybe the issue.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    So, note that these have already been approved for release, and are being shipped as I type. These could be delayed by an event at the docks in the USA, or other shipping disasters, but have already passed the stage that Tripods & Triplanes/Wings of Glory needs to reach.

It appears that BSG is not subject to the trials and tribulations of the Wings of Glory production process. Different factories and contracts? Must be.
    Once again WG becomes the poor relation when it comes to production of models

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Once again WG becomes the poor relation when it comes to production of models
    I do not think we have any problem with WG production really. The Ares management are doing their best to ensure we get a quality product as quickly as possible. Also remember that there are 174 (WGF) miniatures for WG out there already according to one member who has counted them. That means that there will always be models available for a varied and rich game amongst WG fans. BSG needs more ships at the moment because there are only 2 types to play with. It is a new, exciting, and very popular game.

Does anyone have any updated release info? Is it too late to expect a March release?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorAlanYoung View Post
    Does anyone have any updated release info? Is it too late to expect a March release?
    Nothing has changed on Ares 'Upcoming' page, as it still lists a March release date. As to whether, or not, this will happen? I take the dates posted on Ares' site as hopeful wishes, rather than firm expectations.

I do note that neither the Raptor/Heavy Raider, nor the Viper Mk VII/Classic Viper/Classic Raider, releases are listed on the 'Upcoming' page. This isn't unusual for Ares, being that they don't own their manufacturing/production facilities.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-19-2019 at 08:15.
    Mike

Thank you for the news, Ryan. So it looks like the models will reach the United Kingdom in late April/ early May.

I'll give some good news for you guys. I just packaged up and shipped the first wave of pre-orders I had for the Ship packs and control panels. I have a limited number of them in stock now for general purchases. So, these are truly here and ready to see some action!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'll give some good news for you guys. I just packaged up and shipped the first wave of pre-orders I had for the Ship packs and control panels. I have a limited number of them in stock now for general purchases. So, these are truly here and ready to see some action!
    Hoorah!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Received the eMail today.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

More good news for you BSG fans can be found here.

First wave of Vipers and Raiders are out, and Ares is listing the Heavy Raiders and Raptors as coming in August.

Link: Aresgames.eu - Upcoming Products

These are coming fast and furious...

I'm seriously looking at pasting together a Mk II Shuttle as a "big" ship (at 25cms, it should be more than big enough for most tables).
    Mike

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jean-Charles
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    All,

For Your Information

In communicating with Ares about my latest demo game, and the conversations I had with potential new players, I asked some direct questions of Ares.

I have been permitted to announce one of their answers, which follows:

Please take the above as proposed and tentative, not engraved in stone.

What is clasic viper and raider ? This from original serie not the 2003 serie

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Charles View Post
    What is clasic viper and raider ? This from original serie not the 2003 serie
    From the 1978 series, with Dirk Benedict as Starbuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Colonial_viper_original-series.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	268146
    OldGuy59's Battlestar Galactica Stuff Album - Viper Mk.I card

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	275px-Bsg-raider-P.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	268147
    OldGuy59's Battlestar Galactica Stuff Album - Cylon RAIDER Mk.I card
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-21-2019 at 15:37.
    Mike

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jean-Charles
    Sorties Flown

That was i thinking, Wonderfullllllll... they don t have only 2003 licence

Similar Missions

1. Trailer for upcoming AAR.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 07:16
  2. Upcoming Ospreys
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club