Ares Games

Thread: PARTIZAN 2019

Default PARTIZAN 2019

So Partizan on May 19th - do we have tables confirmed yet? apologies if there is already a thread but I couldn't find it

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Nothing official as yet Chris, but we will be there.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Excellent - me too

I will be confirming this coming week.
    Plus have some news to pass on ref Partizan for 2020

Sounds intriguing Chris.
    Rob.

Well, this is a very quick volte-face chaps.
    Both Kiwi and I are booked at one of Mrs K's events on that day. He for First Aid and myself on door security.
    As this is every year at the same time it must be Partizan which has moved.
    Rob.

Shall miss this one too I'm afraid - Yon is due a hip replacement, we hope around this date.

I’ll be there to fly the flag... any support available much appreciated

No work rosta available yet, but I'll try to be there if I can.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Barring accidents, medical procedures etc etc I will be there.

I will be doing a different game with one of my other groups again this year. so I won't be able to assist with games, but Amy has agreed to wear the blue shirt again and help you out.

Lest we forget

OK, it's Sunday; fingers crossed swmbo will give me a day pass.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Nice one Amy... excellent news

at present me and the Deadly M should be available

Cranwell club not putting anything on for this one, so myself and Al are available to assist..

Partizan this coming weekend.
    We have two tables booked one for WW1 and one for Sails.
    Simon and myself intend to be there around 0930 and will take care of sails.
    In case Tim cant make it can .i ask Chris, Reg , Andy, Marion and Amy to bring along bits to play with ie mats etc

Can we please confirm who will be there for definate so we can see whats needed

Have fun chaps - hope all goes well. hope to see some pics after

Really hoping, but still not confirmed yet....................

Will advise as soon as I know for certain.

Ok Tim, thanks, will bring your badges just in case

Default Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Partizan this coming weekend.
    We have two tables booked one for WW1 and one for Sails.
    Simon and myself intend to be there around 0930 and will take care of sails.
    In case Tim cant make it can .i ask Chris, Reg , Andy, Marion and Amy to bring along bits to play with ie mats etc

Can we please confirm who will be there for definate so we can see whats needed
    Hi Chris
    Barring accidents I should be there around 09.00 and will bring a large (Kent Countryside) mat and some Aircraft.

I’ll be there not much after 08:30 think I can find a few planes to play with whilst you boaty boys go all nautical

Hi Chaps, due to a major malfunction of brain, I have been thinking this is happening on Saturday. We have double booked ourselves with a major family event on the Sunday, so will not be able to attend Partizan. Please accept my and Amy's apologies for letting you down.

Lest we forget

hi

at present all ok for me and the deadly M to be there will dig out my WW1 items have a few new balloons that my 3D printer has been working on

Ooh balloons

No worries John, real life often gets in the way of playtime. On a plus note Amy won’t be able to shoot me down repeatedly

Aiming to get there as near to 10am as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Hi Chaps, due to a major malfunction of brain, I have been thinking this is happening on Saturday. We have double booked ourselves with a major family event on the Sunday, so will not be able to attend Partizan. Please accept my and Amy's apologies for letting you down.
    Have a great family get-together John and we will see you at the 'Other Partizan'.
    Cheers
    Reg

Sorry chaps - can't make t this time.

Hope you all have a great time.

Well that was fun... arrived 08:35 only to find due to a comms failure there were no tables for us. Anyway managed to get some organised and we were able to set up. We had some 24 or 25 players across three lively games. Up first we had a handful of camels, some with incendiary bullets, trying to take out 2 hun balloons over an airfield. There was also an RE8 along to take photos. The mission was a success but the German Albatrosses managed to down all the RFC planes for the loss of 2 planes and 2 balloons. Next up we had a Staaken and 2 Gothas bombing a British airfield. Up against them were 3 Camels and 2 Bristols. One almighty scrap later all 3 bombers were burning wrecks but one of the Bristol’s and 2 of the camels were lost.

The fight had started so well as I managed to fly my Brisfit between the Staaken and one of the Gothas and BOOM carded both of them in the same round (only half damage though). I did manage to finish off all three which was satisfying. Lol.

Game 3 involved a full house of 10 players including a regular (notorious) bunch from Rochdale. This was stripped down fast and furious gaming. Disaster for the RFC who lost their first plane to the very first damage card when Reg blew up a camel. Before long all 5 Camels were lost for only 2 Albatrosses.

All in all a great days flying, huge thanks to Reg, Dirigible, Hawkhurst, Deadly M (and their Granddaughter.. who was a mean player) Boney 10 and Maverick were playing with their boats on a neighbouring table and we were lucky to have a visit from Neil (Skafloc) as well. Best part of the day was as ever getting to meet up with so many good friends and familiar faces.

Well done, Chris! It sounds like everyone had a good time.

Both tables were very busy throughout the day. From what I saw everyone was having a great time, many involved in shooting Chris down in his up gunned Bristol.

I was with Andrew (Rollover) , visiting from Australia and unfortunately was not there in an official Aerodrome capacity, and I apologise for being incorrectly attired.

With swmbo not well it was a short day for me as we had to leave around 1.30.

Neil

Sorry that I missed you Neil.
    I was otherwise engaged as you may see if you read my post on Sails.
    Sorry to hear Karen is unwell. I hope it is nothing serious.just starting to shake off the after effects of that thing I had. Eileen is still off colour. We both get very tired.
    Please give our love to Karen.
    Rob.

Had a great day at Partizan. Can't really add anything to Chris's post above. Nice to see old friends though!

Just a big thank you to all you stalwarts who attended Partizan.
    Only sorry that I could not be there for the first time in many a long year.
    Rob.

was a great day thanks to Chris for controlling the games well will try post some pictures later

game 1

Name:  20190519_112716.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  185.0 KB

Name:  20190519_105457.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  189.7 KB
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 05-20-2019 at 12:56.

sorry for been on side was ok in my files

game 2
    Attached Images   

Nice terrain there - glad you guys had a great event.
    one of the Bristol’s and 2 of the camels were lost.
    Can't believe Chris allowed the loss of a Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by hawkhurst View Post
    sorry for been on side was ok in my files
    Sorted Andy.
    Rob.

I love that mat & the buildings.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 12:06
  2. The Other Partizan.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-22-2017, 03:56
  3. Partizan II
    By johnbiggles in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 15:55