Ares Games

Thread: The Library is closed...

Default The Library is closed...

...for 4 days while I take SWMBO to Hamburg to look round the Tank Museum and go to the Tactica wargames show. Don’t say I don’t know how to treat a girl for Valentines Day

Try not to break anything while I’m gone.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Wow what a lucky guy that SWMBO lets you take her to a tank museum for Valentines day. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Post some nice picks also.

Nice one Steve. I salute you!

We can all learn something from the Squadron Leader here chaps, although I'm not quite sure what it is.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Wunderbar Have a lovely time, Steve! I, too, look forward to some pics from the museum.

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    We can all learn something from the Squadron Leader here chaps, although I'm not quite sure what it is.
    Kyte.
    The lesson is: Don't mess with the aspidistra .

Kyte.
    The payoff is a trip to Iceland in November as ‘er indoors wants to see the Northern lights. No tanks, no planes - I’ve checked

Not sure why she wants to go to Iceland, she has been perfectly happy with Waitrose up to now (Boom, Boom)

There could be a navy museum there. I think thrre were battleships there in case of a German naval breakout during WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post

Not sure why she wants to go to Iceland, she has been perfectly happy with Waitrose up to now (Boom, Boom)
    Couldn't you just get Waitrose to put up a few coloured lights for you. it would be much cheaper.
    Rob.

My dad's Carrier group was stationed there covering the North Atlantic and Mumansk run.
    Rob.

Couldn't you just get Waitrose to put up a few coloured lights for you. it would be much cheaper.
    Rob.
    A 'Lidl' bit less expensive, anyway.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

All the Morrison to go for that option then Tim.Well someone Asda say it.
    Rob.

Have we quite finished? So we went to Miniature Wunderland this morning. Apart from marvelling at the massive railway layouts (one building alone cost 350,000 euros) the shop had a bargain bin. There I espied 1/200 die-cast models of Ju 52s, FW Condors, DC3s and Boeing 247s, all for between 4 and 8 euros. They usually retail between 30 to 45 euros. Needless to say there are fewer there now than there were when they opened!

Oh!well done Squadron Leader.
    Kyte.

Score!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Aldi cheaper ones have gone......good show Steve. Now to weigh that bag in or are you driving?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Have we quite finished? So we went to Miniature Wunderland this morning. Apart from marvelling at the massive railway layouts (one building alone cost 350,000 euros) the shop had a bargain bin. There I espied 1/200 die-cast models of Ju 52s, FW Condors, DC3s and Boeing 247s, all for between 4 and 8 euros. They usually retail between 30 to 45 euros. Needless to say there are fewer there now than there were when they opened!
    Nice catches Steve!

Iceland. I saw a food show and one thing they showed was the hot springs so that might be something to enjoy.

We have that trip booked already Bob, along with a few other things.

Went to Tenerife in September, my wife wasn't impressed with her Spa Experience...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (2).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	263011

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

The Library is now open for business again.

Here's what rummaging about in a bargain bin gets you for 48 Euros

Apparently a series of 1/200 aircraft to celebrate the German postal service, but about to be re-purposed for WGS.

Oh, and a pic of Mrs G enjoying her Valentine's Day treat:

Last edited by Guntruck; 02-17-2019 at 08:43.

Hope you enjoyed your trip and obtaining you new collection Steve.
    I must also commend Jill for her obvious good natured stoicism on allowing you to photograph her in front of that little Tank.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Pruning the Library
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 05:35
  2. Display in my school library
    By Biggles downunder in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 11:37
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 08:03
  4. 1/144th jumped in with eyes closed