The government was open for business so traffic was heavy driving to the Family Game Store. Upon arrival we discovered it was Ladies Night at the mall so parking spaces were difficult to find. We did have a turnout of eight pilots which was very good.

AAR #1 - An unusual dogfight I had suggested in the announcement for the games that a battle with only two-seaters might be interesting. I provided four Roland C.IIs (flown by Todd, Bob, Will and myself) and a British Sopwith 1-1/2 strutter (flown by Jim), while Baltic Bob brought a Lithuanian Halberstadt (which he flew), a Latvian Sopwith 1-1/2 (flown by John) and an Estonian Sopwith 1-1/2 (flown by Craig). It may not have been historically accurate but it certainly was colorful. Below we see the three Baltic aircraft at the start of the battle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0026.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	262495

We are getting into the thick of the battle.

Name:	IMG_0027.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	262496

Three of the airplanes are on fire; two on the German side. That isn't good.

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	262497

However, I am the first plane out of the game by drawing the explosion card. Notice the Estonian airplane is now trailing smoke. These young pilot pick up bad habits.

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	262498

Will's fire damage catches up to him, and he becomes a flaming meteor heading for No-Man's land.

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	262499

Todd also meets a fiery death. He had lost his rear gunner but was doing alright damage-wise until the fire. His first A card was a 5 and his second A card was a 5 with pilot wounded. So his Roland crashed with both crew members already dead.

Name:	IMG_0031.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	262500

Can Bob take on four airplanes by himself? To be continued.