Ares Games

Thread: 2018 Origins (LL) Ground Crew Medals

Default 2018 Origins (LL) Ground Crew Medals

Hi Folks,

We'll put up medals for 2018 Origins (LL) Ground Crew within a week or so. I will post the medals here and announce them at that time.

Cheers,
    Eric
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Thank you, eric.

Greetings to Sue.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thumbs up

Great to see you "back in the Cockpit" Eric.

Oh, if I post, then I can keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for the heads-up.

I’m curious if the medals were put up on the site? Thanks for any info.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

They have not been awarded yet, Joe. The medal itself exists and is being revised to differentiate it a bit from previous medals. Keith still has all the info on those who supported the raffles to bring Dave/flash over. So as soon as all is finalized, I will get those lists from Keith and send out medals to those deserving members. Sorry for the delay, but last year's LL process was somewhat rushed and things fell through the cracks a bit. Thanks again for your support!

All the best,
    Matt

No problems Matt. Thanks for the work you’ve done.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    They have not been awarded yet, Joe. The medal itself exists and is being revised to differentiate it a bit from previous medals. Keith still has all the info on those who supported the raffles to bring Dave/flash over. So as soon as all is finalized, I will get those lists from Keith and send out medals to those deserving members. Sorry for the delay, but last year's LL process was somewhat rushed and things fell through the cracks a bit. Thanks again for your support!

All the best,
    Matt
    As there were only two Matt perhaps those taking part should get the gold & silver awards as appropriate ?

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I think we probably need to keep things plain and bronze, Dave, as that's the 'ranking' mechanism established for initial and subsequent awards. 1st award - plain ribbon; 2nd award - bronze star; 3rd award - silver star; 4th award - gold star. Not all raffles have had four rounds, but they always begin with the plain ribbon. Hopefully, by parcelling the LL Committee off as a separate group within the Forum so Keith doesn't have to do everything, we will be able to maintain more consistency in raising $$$ to support our lucky lend-leasers moving forward.

Always the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Site: 2019 Origins (LL) Ground Crew Medals
    By 7eat51 in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 07:59
  2. Origins 2017 Ground Crew
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 23:21
  3. Site: Origins Ground Crew Medals