Ares Games

Thread: Decals?

Default Decals?

What are the currently available options for WW1 1/144 decals? What sellers/retailers are taking orders?

Red Eagle, Tin Soldier, Miscellaneous Miniatures are a few I know of. Dom's and 1/144 direct are not active at the moment.

I-94 do multi-size generic national markings, many of which are suitable for 1/144 scale.

Shed decals do expensive but HUGE decal sheets - no pictures on their web page, ordering by email, not cart; but, go to Helmet200 models, and click on their Deals and Accessories link, and view before you buy (cart ordering)!

http://www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk...s__Accessories
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

MISCMINI has some but not as extensive as his WWII ones. His are the only one I use anymore. Just decaled 9 WWII planes todays and have to take photos of them to post.

And Kevin [miscmini] can do custom decals, too. He just did up a sheet of Nieuport 17 decals for No. 60 Squadron, RFC, including Albert Ball, Billy Bishop and Alan D. Bell-Irving planes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nieuport17_Right1Comp25.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	262492
    Decal sheet includes the top wing upper and lower roundels, lower wing lower roundels (tiny), letter-number combos, rudder decals (with and without numbers, and separate numbers), plus lots of extra roundels.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Irish Flyboy

Default Decals recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    What are the currently available options for WW1 1/144 decals? What sellers/retailers are taking orders?
    Last week I ordered 3 different sets from I-94 Enterprises. Great comms (with Dave) and fast service. Each set comes with 2 sheets for $3.00 USD. Postage was $1.00 USD.

I will be ordering more..
    Last edited by Irish Flyboy; 02-08-2019 at 08:38. Reason: typo

Larry,
    Mike is correct about the custom decals. He 2 sets I mentioned and they are now up on his site.

Name:	IMG_7824.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	262598

Name:	IMG_8108.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	262599
    One set was for he tail marking on the Ki 44 (AIM models) and the other was for early Egyptian Spitfires.

Similar Missions

1. Decals
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 12:37
  2. What Decals Would You Like To See.
    By Old Navy in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 11:07
  3. 1/144 Decals
    By Guntruck in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2