Ares Games

Thread: Tripods & Triplanes now ready for pre-orders

Default Tripods & Triplanes now ready for pre-orders

I just finished added the new T&T products (starter set, tripod packs, and Ares game accessories) to the AA site. They have a release date of April 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I just finished added the new T&T products (starter set, tripod packs, and Ares game accessories) to the AA site. They have a release date of April 2019.
    I get an error when I click the link?

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So do I, but if you go to the Aerodrome Store and click on the T&T link there, it takes you to the products...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I get an error when I click the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    So do I, but if you go to the Aerodrome Store and click on the T&T link there, it takes you to the products...

All the best,
    Matt
    Thanks guys, the link has been fixed.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Great news, Keith! I shall have to check what I am receiving from the Kickstarter and order a few extra Martian war machines...

All the best,
    Matt

Are you planning on creating any custom accessories like you have done for WoG and BSG ?

Cool, extra damage decks.

BTW, the MkIII is mislabeled with the MkI verbiage.

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post

BTW, the MkIII is mislabeled with the MkI verbiage.
    Thanks, I'll get that corrected.

Bummer to see retail prices cheaper than Kickstarter add-ons. Fool me twice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Bummer to see retail prices cheaper than Kickstarter add-ons. Fool me twice I guess.
    Huh? Really is that true?

Except for the additonal damage decks, yep. Glad I did no add-ons. I’ll never do another Ares KS.

Those Additional Damage Decks and WW2 counters are described as compatible with the existing games but does that mean they can really be used in normal Wings of Glory games because the damage decks for attacking Tripods given out in the 'print yourself' demo game had some different 'special damage' symbols printed on some of the cards relating to special damage to Tripods and did not display all of the 'special damage' symbols used in normal air to air combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Those Additional Damage Decks and WW2 counters are described as compatible with the existing games but does that mean they can really be used in normal Wings of Glory games because the damage decks for attacking Tripods given out in the 'print yourself' demo game had some different 'special damage' symbols printed on some of the cards relating to special damage to Tripods and did not display all of the 'special damage' symbols used in normal air to air combat?
    I did that comparison with my play-test version, and I think the damage distribution for the A, B, C, and D decks is the same or close enough. The special damage is a bit different in placement/relationship to the damage numbers, but not significant. The special damage for Tripods can be ignored without effect in Wings games.

You won't be able to mix T&T and WoG decks together to make "double" decks, if that is how you use Wings of Glory decks now, as the card backs will be different. But, you may not care about the backs, so that may not be an issue, either.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

The Tripods & Triplanes A deck does not have Left and right rudder jam, crew wounded and smoke damage cards and the engine damage symbol ought to be moved to a different card to make it identical with the normal A damage deck.

The Tripods & Triplanes A deck does not have Left and right rudder jam, crew wounded and smoke damage cards and the engine damage symbol ought to be moved to a different card to make it identical with the normal A damage deck.
    So, we'll have to see what they put out. I went back and looked at my play-test decks, and there is only Martian damage on the A, B, C, and D decks that I have. Gun jams remain for planes, which doesn't apply to Martians.

Now, the amount and type of special damage is similar, and may not be in exact correlation to Wings of Glory decks, but they are for a different game, just supposed to be compatible. So, for those depending on memorizing damage decks, it might make a difference. I can't see how. As long as there is special damage in the same proportions, it shouldn't matter.

We also will probably see Tripod damage on the Tripod damage decks, if Ares is planning on allowing Tripod vs Tripod combat. That wasn't anything in either my play-test set, nor the Print&Play. Stand by for a surprise?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I personally would be glad to have a "second" deck of cards that had the special damages on different valued cards that I could mix with a normal WGF deck. That would make the damage decks more variable. I might even consider sleeving my cards just to make that possible.

I suppose that they could print two special damage symbols on some cards, one for use in plane versus plane combat and one for plane versus Martian combat. Then on the Martian combat decks there could be Martian versus plane symbol and a Martian versus Martian symbol.

Thats strange. I thought the air portion was to be exactly the same as WoG?

This a bit of a bummer. I was going to order a couple of decks to use as extras for WoG. Back to trolling for used RAPs I guess.

I was referring to the A damage deck issued in the 'print it yourself' sample pack. The decks issued with the actual game may be different but we will not know until they arrive.

Similar Missions

1. The BBC goes 'Tripods and Triplanes' !!!!!
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 07:54
  2. Tripods and Triplanes thoughts
    By Baxter in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2018, 17:13
  3. Tripods and Triplanes BGG contest!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 20:06
  4. Tripods and Triplanes thoughts