Ares Games

Thread: How many Albatri

Default How many Albatri

I was looking at my Albatros models today and getting bit confused as to how many were released. I find it a bit hard with the reprints thrown in but I think the Ares/Nexus official Albatros models amounted to 15 different ones is that right

'Nexus' Albatros D.Va - Udet, Jentsch, Weber

'Nexus' Deluxe set - Albatros D.Va Udet
    'Nexus' Revised Deluxe set - D.Va Baumer

'Nexus' Albatros D.III - Voss, Hautzmeyer (A-H), Brumowski (A-H)

'Ares' Albatros D.Va - Udet, Jacobs, von Hippel

'Ares' Duel Pack - D.Va Baumer

'Ares' Albatros D.III - MvR, Frommherz, Gruber (A-H)

'Ares' Albatros D.II - Boelcke, MvR, von Szepessy-Sokoll (A-H)

15, excluding reprints of the same paint scheme
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Now the real question is, Tim, how many of each do you have in your collection....?

All the best,
    Matt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Now the real question is, Tim, how many of each do you have in your collection....?

All the best,
    Matt

Thanks that explains me running out of fingers 3 Udets, 2 Baumers and 13 others.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

All the best,
    Matt
    <<<///CLASSIFIED///>>>

Let's just say "more than one of each".......................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Thanks that explains me running out of fingers 3 Udets, 2 Baumers and 13 others.
    And more to come with the series 1 reprint.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    And more to come with the series 1 reprint.
    So, add 1 D.Va (MvR) for series 1 reprint.

Not sure if you’re counting series 9 C.III = 3 more

...which makes it 19.

And if you’re insane then you’ll plan to get some extras from someplace like Shapeways...so there’s no upper limit.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    And if you’re insane then you’ll plan to get some extras from someplace like Shapeways...so there’s no upper limit.
    Naw, there are currently only 17 different types of Albatros aircraft on Shapeways (some with multiple versions from different designers). Oh, wait, I forgot variants like early vs late models, C.V/16 vs C.V/17, etc. Never mind.

You have not counted the new Albatros D.V's about to appear with the Tripods and Triplanes flown by Udet, Weber and Manfred von Richthofen and also the three Albatros C.III two-seaters.

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Naw, there are currently only 17 different types of Albatros aircraft on Shapeways (some with multiple versions from different designers). Oh, wait, I forgot variants like early vs late models, C.V/16 vs C.V/17, etc. Never mind.
    Well you see I started searching paint schemes and got stuck on the Albatri patterns of which there is ? (God only knows how many). So, multiplying model options x paint schemes = a lot more.

Anyway, I’m thinking of painting up a flight of Austria-Hungarian ones - just to add to the pile of my unpainted lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    You have not counted the new Albatros D.V's about to appear with the Tripods and Triplanes flown by Udet, Weber and Manfred von Richthofen and also the three Albatros C.III two-seaters.
    The Udet and Weber look like updated versions of the Nexus ones.

I was not counting Shapeways or F-Toys or anything other than the D.II, D.III or D.VA types. As far as I can see the soon to be released series 9 Albatri are just reprints of existing models. I do think they are among the best looking models but really why so many of them

Maybe it is a marketing ploy aimed at seniors. In my dotage I just think .... now have I got that one or not???

The Albatros issues are many so a number of efforts have been made to correct them. The "V" struts were backwards, the landing gear struts-don't get me started. The deep joint on the front to back sections looks horrible. So there are issues and solutions, add that to the number of cool color schemes and you can see why there are so many.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

But really, how can you ever have enough Albatros models - there are so many gorgeous paint schemes for them, and they served such a 'long' time...

All the best,
    Matt

Quick tally: 43 plus 3 on order *

* counting the C.III

Helps to have all my planes in an Excel file

Similar Missions

1. WGF Albatri
    By Baxter in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 18:55
  2. How many Albatri
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions