Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 158

Thread: February Workbench

  1. #101

    Default

    if the sikorsky collides with another scout or fighter I think its fair to say that the poor beggers in the tiny aircraft are on a one way trip to the ground

  2. #102

    Default

    Several months. They have been languishing in their box while I have finishing some other projects. i am excited to get working on them.


    Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    Here is a picture with a Nieuport 11 and a Spad VII. They are about the size of the Hadley Page bombers.
    Nice, that'll make for a crowded table & loads of cross-fire

    "He is wise who watches"

  4. #104

    Miscellaneous Miniatures
    1st Lieutenant

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Kevin
    Location
    VA
    Sorties Flown
    484
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Little project finished

    Some recently finished, 1/350th scale, 3D printed model planes. Decal application was interesting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190214_131436.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	263181
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190214_131503.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	260.2 KB 
ID:	263182
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190214_131804.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	263183

  5. #105

    Default

    What a brilliant collection of planes and paint jobs Kevin.

  6. #106

    Default

    Wow, incredible set of planes! Great job on those tiny brothers of our 1/144s.

  7. #107

    Default

    I have heard of downsizing Kevin but that is going a step further.
    Super work in that scale sir.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  8. #108

    Default

    WOW Kevin those are outstanding. I am still waiting to put your decals on the PICO B-17 I have. Should get my last order tomorrow. Keep up the fantastic work.

  9. #109

    Default

    Gorgeous work there, Kevin! Are they for your collection or some lucky customer's?

    I have managed to do a little work myself - here are four of the eventual six planes of my Jasta Greif. They will accompany my three griffons as they try to stem the Entente Tide late in the war... The Jasta's scheme is red and white, taken from the colors of the Hanseatic Crosses that the Hansastaedte awarded to their favorite sons and daughters. Since the griffons come from Greifswald and the Jasta is led by Kurt Wolff, Greifswald born and bred, it seemed only natural...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1710.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	263189

    Still a lot of work to do, but I am pleased with the progress so far. Now to get the two DVIIs into repaint....

    All the best,
    Matt

  10. #110

    Default

    Unreal work what you all do. I just received my order from Dave (AIM) today so have to work on them. Also have to take the photos of the 9 planes I just did.

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miscmini View Post
    Some recently finished, 1/350th scale, 3D printed model planes. Decal application was interesting.
    Super little beasties, Kevin!

    "Interesting" is an understatement for decal application - I remember trying to put tail crosses onto my 1/285 Albatri

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

    I have managed to do a little work myself - here are four of the eventual six planes of my Jasta Greif. They will accompany my three griffons as they try to stem the Entente Tide late in the war... The Jasta's scheme is red and white, taken from the colors of the Hanseatic Crosses that the Hansastaedte awarded to their favorite sons and daughters. Since the griffons come from Greifswald and the Jasta is led by Kurt Wolff, Greifswald born and bred, it seemed only natural...

    Still a lot of work to do, but I am pleased with the progress so far. Now to get the two DVIIs into repaint....

    All the best,
    Matt
    Great-looking planes, Matt!

  13. #113

    Miscellaneous Miniatures
    1st Lieutenant

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Kevin
    Location
    VA
    Sorties Flown
    484
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default

    Oh, those do look nice Matt! The little guys where for someone else. Kevin

  14. #114

    Default

    Very nice eye candy Matt - thought about a bit of colour around the wings to take out that black ?

    "He is wise who watches"

  15. #115

    Default

    This week I be mainly painting Albacores. (Apple-cores) to the Fleet Air Arm.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7312.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	263245

    Mostly curtesy of Clipper and the amazing Elves.

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  16. #116

    Default

    For sure, Dave - that's one of the things yet to do (I've done it before on repaints - it really makes a difference). I also have some griffon decals that Kevin/miscmini did for me to go on the fuselages... I am having fun with this little project and look forward to making more headway.

    Loving those Albacores, Rob! Are they a mix of resin and white metal? Who makes them? Stationed on Malta, I assume, or are they carrier-based?

    All the best,
    Matt

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

    Loving those Albacores, Rob! Are they a mix of resin and white metal? Who makes them? Stationed on Malta, I assume, or are they carrier-based?

    All the best,
    Matt
    The four sideways on are by our very own Clipper.
    The other two I thought were from Hannants although I can't find them now.
    I bought them about four years back.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  18. #118

    Default

    Sorry, Rob - I missed the post script below the photo... Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember Dave's pictures of his handiwork back then. They will be wonderful when you have them ready to fly Looking forward to seeimg them finished.

    All the best,
    Matt

  19. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing them finished.

    Matt
    So am I Matt. There have been two Channel dashes and a Matapan since I started these.

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  20. #120

    Default

    looking forwards to the outcome of those muramets!!!

  21. #121

    Default

    Well, well, I have not looked at this thread for a short while. WoW - there's some great work going on. Special mention has to go to Tim - awesome buddy

    Love Rob's finished project too. That is cool indeed And that Pratt & Whitney engine is rather juicy

    Kevin - those 1/350th models look very smart indeed. Yea, the decal job musy have taken a lot of patience

    Bob, you must have an enormous collection by now. Nice work

    Thanks all for sharing. My own meagre effort saw the production of a Morane-Saulnier Type L and a Nieuport 10 earlier in the month. But the pics are already on another thread (OTT DYM) so I won't post them again.
    Last edited by mikeemagnus; 02-21-2019 at 09:33.

  22. #122

    Default

    Thanks very much for the Rep Mike.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  23. #123

    Default

    Mike thanks for the positive comments. I have planes I have to take photos and post. Decals from Kevin came today so have another project.

  24. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Gorgeous work there, Kevin! Are they for your collection or some lucky customer's?

    I have managed to do a little work myself - here are four of the eventual six planes of my Jasta Greif. They will accompany my three griffons as they try to stem the Entente Tide late in the war... The Jasta's scheme is red and white, taken from the colors of the Hanseatic Crosses that the Hansastaedte awarded to their favorite sons and daughters. Since the griffons come from Greifswald and the Jasta is led by Kurt Wolff, Greifswald born and bred, it seemed only natural...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1710.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	263189

    Still a lot of work to do, but I am pleased with the progress so far. Now to get the two DVIIs into repaint....

    All the best,
    Matt
    Wow very nice indeed sir

    Never knowingly under gunned !

  25. #125

    Default

    Pictures to take of the 12 planes I finished this week. 6 are additions to units I already have, 3 are of a new unit and 3 are a little different. I will get them posted tomorrow.

  26. #126

    Default

    So here is what I did this week. I had these painted but just put decals on them. 2 more Corsairs from the Bunker Hill. As always AIM models and MISCMINI decals.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8187.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	263473

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8188.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	263474

  27. #127

    Default

    Then I added 2 more Ki 43's to that force.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8190.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	263475

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8192.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	263476

  28. #128

    Default

    Then I added these Blenheim's for 60 Squadron. They are planes B, P, D (BPD). Now I will explain and Matt can back me up on this. What I did in the Army, when put in what we called the Header, you used a personal sign. This was your ID. The B was the shift (or as we called it Trick) you were on. So the B was for Trick 2. Thus my PS was BPD at a few of the places I was.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8197.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	263477

  29. #129

    Default

    And then added 2 more Ki 61's to the 68th Sentai.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8194.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	263478

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8195.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	263479

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8196.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	263480

  30. #130

    Default

    And now for the something different I do. Here is a French DB 7. I did this as I thought it might look for the desert. Again I used the Indian head decal from the Hawk set for nose art. Other then that nothing special.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8201.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	263481

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8205.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	263482

  31. #131

    Default

    And now for something really different. It is an aircraft but none that we use yet. I just wanted to do something different and keep myself busy. So here it is.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8209.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	263483

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	263484

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8208.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	263485

    2 Mig 17's of the 921st Air Fighter Regt. North Vietnamese AF.

  32. #132

    Default

    You've been a busy boy, Bob! Pacific isn't my theater (as I've mentioned before) but your stuff always looks dang good...

    I was on D Trick myself - we rotated through the 'shifts' with 5 on and 2 off - but after about four months I snagged a day job, and my sleep patterns became 'normal' again.

    All the best,
    Matt

  33. #133

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    9,750
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    And now for something really different. It is an aircraft but none that we use yet. I just wanted to do something different and keep myself busy. So here it is.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8209.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	263483

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	263484

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8208.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	263485

    2 Mig 17's of the 921st Air Fighter Regt. North Vietnamese AF.
    Very nice to see these Bob, got some F4s to go up against them?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  34. #134

    Default

    Massive output Bob, and very striking colours too.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  35. #135

    Default

    Bob encouraged me to show sth different from what we usually shiw here.
    My Feb family project: Super Dungeon Explore...the figurines I have just assembled and glued...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190224_000705.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	263487
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  36. #136

    Default

    Well Steve I have 2 I am working on. May get them done before March but not sure. But wait what I have next month before Cold Wars.

    Matt when I was on Oki at Torii I was NCOIC of IATS so that was my day job for 1 year. Then became TC of trick 4. Even when I got to Devens as an instructor I was still on shift. Taught Learn Phase from 0600 to 1200. Then after Learn Phase went to 1200 to 1800 for Basic Morse. But then as Senior E7 was acting NCOIC of BMD for a few months. Last 2 1/2 years I was Ops Sgt for MCD so worked a day shift.

  37. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Bob encouraged me to show sth different from what we usually shiw here.
    My Feb family project: Super Dungeon Explore...the figurines I have just assembled and glued...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190224_000705.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	263487
    Where are all the good guys Andy?

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  38. #138

    Default

    The little greys on the right
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  39. #139

    Default

    Right! Now I see them. Are they coming to Prague?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  40. #140

    Default

    OK, been a confusing month so here is the SAGA army I finished today. 46 infantry and 13 Cav.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6258.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	263508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6259.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	263509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6261.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	263510

  41. #141

    Default

    Nice Vikings... must photograph mine

    Never knowingly under gunned !

  42. #142

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    9,750
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Here's what's been driving me mental for the last month and a bit: a platoon's-worth of modern British infantry for Afghanistan, in MTP camo (never, ever, again ). They will make their operational debut at the Salute show in April.





    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  43. #143

    Default

    Blimey Steve, they are awesome, great work.

    Never knowingly under gunned !

  44. #144

    Default

    Great job on them Steve - they look the part - guessing at least 28mil (or you'd be in a padded room by now), who's the manufacturer ?

    "He is wise who watches"

  45. #145

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    9,750
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Yep 28mil, mostly Empress with some Eureka and Assault Group thrown in. Not sure what was worse - painting the camo or making and applying the subdued para wings and Union Jacks, and the Afghan flag patch. Next step is to do a Jackal, Foxhound and a Warthog.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  46. #146

    Default

    Amazing work, Steve. Is there a particular game system you are going to use employing these little lads?
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  47. #147

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Lt. Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    9,750
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Amazing work, Steve. Is there a particular game system you are going to use employing these little lads?
    We are using Skirmish Sangin modified for fire team movement rather than individual movement.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  48. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Yep 28mil, mostly Empress with some Eureka and Assault Group thrown in. Not sure what was worse - painting the camo or making and applying the subdued para wings and Union Jacks, and the Afghan flag patch. Next step is to do a Jackal, Foxhound and a Warthog.
    They look terrific - hope we see some AAR pics from Salute

    "He is wise who watches"

  49. #149

    Default

    Beautiful miniatures Ken and Steve. Absolutely brilliant work.

  50. #150

    Default

    I will add my kudos to those above, guys - gorgeous work, indeed! That camo and detail is simply amazing, Steve Almost makes me want to try my hand at some Bolt Action stuff...

    All the best,
    Matt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Missions

  1. What's on your workbench----AUG
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 21:39
  2. What's on your workbench - February 2017
    By Aardvark1430 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 14:19
  3. What's on Your Workbench, February 2016 Edition
    By jbmacek in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-07-2016, 12:51
  4. WGF What's on your workbench this February?
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 16:20
  5. The Workbench
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 22:58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •